Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

CS5 Compatibility

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jacob MetivaCS5 Compatibility
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 7:25:44 pm

Ed and Zax folks,

I know you're probably sick of fielding this one, but for the throngs of Zax-supporters could the website publish any kind of blog about progress. Are any of the products CS5 ready? Is there a ball park estimate as to the release date of invigorator 64-bit as the summer 2010 officially ends on Sep. 23rd. Any info would be appreciated as I have a comp that is left with CS4 and the debate rages on as to upgrade or not and the Zaxwerks product line is a big factor with myself as I'm sure it is with so many others.

Sincerely,
Jake

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Edward WuRe: CS5 Compatibility
by on Sep 16, 2010 at 7:28:05 pm

Hi Jake,

Good timing. We are actually sending out a newsletter that will address this. We realize that everyone is eagerly awaiting the CS5 compatible versions of our plug-ins, and we are working hard to get the plug-ins out as soon as possible.

We are estimating that 3D Invigorator Pro will be available by the end of next month. This will include the CS5 compatibility as well as all the new features of 3D Invigorator! Our other products will follow the release of 3D Invigorator, so there is no time table for the other products as of now.

We appreciate your patience, and will release the product once everything is working in top order.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bernhard SetteleRe: CS5 Compatibility
by on Sep 18, 2010 at 2:49:01 pm

Hi Edward,

does that mean we´re going to be waiting for updates eg. on 3D Flag for another two months or so?
If thats true - sorry to say - thats really poor!

CS5 has long been announced and porting properly coded plugins should not take that long.
Its especially annoying that these plugins do not work at all on CS5 - I could live with "working but not at 64Bit speed" but this really is a big pain in my (an I assume other professional peoples) workflow. 3D Flag is IMHO unique so that there´s no alternative for me than to keep an old machine using CS4 just for 3D Flag, moving TGA sequences over the network to be imported in current CS5 comps.

... thanks for that hassle guys

Bernhard

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Edward WuRe: CS5 Compatibility
by on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:29:01 pm

Hi Bernhard,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand that it's frustrating to keep an old machine just to use one program.

Unfortunately, the conversion process is taking a while because we use a lot of custom interfaces for our programs. The custom interfaces take longer to convert because they have to be rebuilt for the 64-bit environment. There were also a few unexpected issues that popped up during the conversion process that made things difficult to work with. We have since resolved the issues, and things are progressing steadily. We are trying our best to release the plug-ins as quickly as possible.

Again, we apologize for the trouble of keeping a machine for using CS4, and we appreciate your patience.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]