Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

can't get rid of jagged edges even on a font

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dave Smithcan't get rid of jagged edges even on a font
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:54:33 am

Hi Guys

I have a large O and a large N and both have jagged edges in the rendered output, with or without alpha. Even the diagonal on the N is not nice - has gray dots along the edge.

I've tried the anti-alias setting 5x5 and the faceting setting of 0.1 and still doesn't look good, especially white rotating the letters

Anything else I can try here? It just looks super amature

Please advise

_Dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike SussmanRe: can't get rid of jagged edges even on a font
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 2:49:38 pm

It could be many different causes, but is your final render coming out of another program like After Effects? If so, right click the zax-created movie in your project pane and choose Interpret Footage > Main. Then turn separate fields to "Off".

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Zax DowRe: can't get rid of jagged edges even on a font
by on Sep 18, 2009 at 7:53:48 pm

It sounds like you are looking at the RGB without applying the alpha channel.

For instance if you are looking at the final movie in QuickTime Player it'll show bad aliasing because QuickTime Player doesn't apply the alpha to the RGB. It just shows the raw RGB. Zaxwerks software always leaves a raw RGB so you don't get ghosting around the edges (double-pre-multiplying) once the image is composited.

Once you bring the movie into your compositor and apply the alpha it'll look perfect. Each compositor does it a little differently so which one are you using?

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave SmithRe: can't get rid of jagged edges even on a font
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 3:01:15 am

Hello

Thanks for your reply. I think some of it has to do with the alpha but I had tried both with and without alpha so some of it may not be related to alpha. I've tried rendering at different resolutions and frame per second settings and simplifying the edges to basic flat edges and that seems to make some difference.

I'll continue to experiment but now I have a larger issue with crashes during rendering on multiple different projects, so I will post that one and hope for a resolution to it.

Thanks again

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]