Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Importing Footage from JVC GY-HM790

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
James EdwardsImporting Footage from JVC GY-HM790
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 7:17:36 pm

Ok, I feel a bit stupid having to post this question. I've recently purchased several GY-HM790 and have shot a few things in both the native quicktime format as well as mp4 format (all 1080i 59.97 and can not seem to get it to import of the SD card to media 100. The quicktime format comes in green screen with audio and the mp4 format comes in white screen no audio. I know with AVCHD and HDV you need clipwrap to wrap the clips. Premiere and Final Cut import both files perfectly...any suggestions or others using this or similar JVC cameras have a solution?

James

James K Edwards
Media Director
Riverland Hills Baptist Church

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gerry CondezRe: Importing Footage from JVC GY-HM790
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:27:21 pm

You need to get the quicktime component to be able to import the files or youll have all blank green clips in the bin. That I believe is part of Final Cut quictime stuff but also can be installed free from apple website. Or, you can capture the clips by using your HD-SDI out from the camera.
Here is the link from this forum http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/4/866191#866214

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James EdwardsRe: Importing Footage from JVC GY-HM790
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:58:03 pm

Thanks Gerry! I knew it was a simple issue and was pretty confident it was a codec issue, but before messing things up I thought I'd give the forum a shot. I appreciate your guidance!

James

James K Edwards
Media Director
Riverland Hills Baptist Church

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]