Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Media 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ben StrasserMedia 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:10:00 am

HI. Finally upgraded from 100i legacy to Mac Pro/Media 100 Suite. Bought Matrox Mojito Max for in/out but didn't work despite fix - which crashed my computer. Supposedly have another "temporary" fix but I was unwilling to keep going down the "fix" route. Apparently a reliable driver is not available yet for the Mojito/Media 100 Suite. Media 100 Suite tech told me that their current first priority is working on upgrade for coming Mac 10.8. Returned to "uncooperative" distributor Safe Harbors Computers courtesy Visa. Now looking for in/out that works. Some on the Forum have mentioned AJA Kona. Would really appreciate your help since I've been shut down for over a month. Also currently running 10.6.8. Is it safe to update to 10.7 without buying problems? Much appreciate your recommendation.

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gerry CondezRe: Media 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:26:02 am

Mine works with Kona 3 with version 3.1.1, M100/2.1.1 and Mac OS 10.7.4
It will also work with Matrox with MAX with version 2.5
Check earlier post about latest Media 100 upgrade 2.1.1. Cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ben StrasserRe: Media 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:34:31 am

Hi Gerry. Many thanks for the info about Kona and 10.7. I'll go ahead and upload that10.7 now that I know it's OK. Re the Matrox, I had the Mojito Max (new card version) with 2.5 and it did not work so I guess it was a Mojito driver issue alone. As I said, I tried a fix they sent but that crashed my 100 Suite!. When the Media 100 tech commented about the fixes (we have another temporary fix...) I decided to give up on it since it didn't work as advertised when I bought it. Ordering the Kona LHI. Media 100 says that works fine - as you did.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBen.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob SlenkerRe: Media 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 6:44:12 pm

I have an AJA LHi card and it works splendidly w/ Media100 Suite 2.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.4

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:43:26 pm

Hi Bob: Thanks so much for your comment. Going AJA Kona LHi and am upgrading to 10.7.4! Great. After that Matrox Mojito Max fiasco I feel that I'm on the right track and can finally get to work.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBen.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Suite In/Out and question about 10.7
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:11:53 am

Ben that's bad luck and bad selling by your retailer. Surely they must know what works with what and it's their job to source the right kit. Here in the UK I'd like to think that would never happen ( I may be wrong though!!).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 21, 2012 at 4:02:16 am

Yeah Michael, I certainly agree. Actually there is an element of consumer law which states that when you hy something you have every right to expect that the item will perform the function for which it was advertised. They advertised the Matrox Mojito Max would work with Media 100 Suite, and after working remotely on my Mac Pro Tower for well over an hour their own tech concluded that it does not work. Most disappointing to say the least. Then their distributor, Safe Harbor Computers, insists on charging me a restocking fee for taking back something they sold that didn't work! How's that? Just received my AJA Kona LHi guys on the Forum recommended and getting ready to install it. Thanks for your comment and stay well.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBen.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]