Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Changes

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bruce McPhersonChanges
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 12:47:22 pm

Hi All
Just returning to Media 100 posting again, after some "time out", and restarting editing again.

So, all this kerfuffle over FCP X is a bit of a rewind of history, and I am quite interested to see that Randy Ubixxxx is involved, and ,if I'm not mistaken, he had credits in the original NLE (Radius Edit, then Edit DV ,then M100, then Macromedia, then Adobe, then whatever. then FCP.......
In other words, he's "A Surviver".

So, I dont expect FCP "X" to be the "ex" factor for too long.

But, I still think that M100 has the best interface out there and is intuitivly spot on for editing, which is what we need to do efficiently for a good story.

However the tide is turning again and the latest challenges as I see it are the need to keep up with the technology changes, specifically,
the 64 bit processer change, and the evolution of more card (file) based camera media.

So, looking over whats available out there, - and in there (my bank account that is, :-) I have acquired a nice shiney new Mac Mini Server
(the cheapest way to get a i7quad core - I'e got all the other bits to get it running) .

So, if anyone is interested, I will post the challenges I face with this system, - and if any, the solutions I find - er, - make that "we" find! :-)

May we all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers
Bruce McPherson
Azzit happens Productions
Wellington
New Zealand

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy