Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

How to crop in Boris Red?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Peter DeArmondHow to crop in Boris Red?
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:05:24 pm

I've been a Media 100 user since forever, currently on Suite 1.6.2, and I seldom use Boris Red except for titles and simple things like that. Is it just me, or do things seem less intuitive in Red? Today I was trying to figure out how to crop a video in Red, but it was an exercise in frustration. By comparison, it's really easy to crop a video in After Effects. Perhaps it's because I use AE more often and I'm just used to it. But can anyone tell me how to do this in Boris Red? I'd really like to know.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Floh PetersRe: How to crop in Boris Red?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 9:10:50 am

[Peter DeArmond] "Perhaps it's because I use AE more often and I'm just used to it"

Yeah, I think so. Red simply is different from AfterEffects in some areas, which sometimes makes it more difficult for AE users. But what I heard from people without AE knowledge, the Red UI does make much sense to them.

If you want to crop a clip, go to the "Crop" tab in the Controls section for your layer, and crop there. If you turn off the Lock, you can crop from each side individually.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter DeArmondRe: How to crop in Boris Red?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:33:48 pm

Thanks Floh. Yes, I saw the crop tab in controls, but when I clicked on it, everything was blank in the window. The next time I launched Media 100 and Red to try again, I got an error message: "Cannot find prmL resource file... please reinstall."

So I re-downloaded Media 100, reinstalled, and now I can crop! And, lo and behold, it's even easier than After Effects. I'd better look into learning Red a little more... so long as I don't keep getting error messages.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Boris YamnitskyRe: How to crop in Boris Red?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:41:05 pm

the prml file is a resource file installed in the Library folder under BorisFX. If for some reason this file is missing RED will complain. Reinstalling RED typically solves the problem. You should not see this error message again. Glad you found RED easy to use.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter DeArmondRe: How to crop in Boris Red?
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:45:17 pm

Hey, thank you, Boris, for reading this forum!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]