Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Very disappointed M100 long term user

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David IsskoVery disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 8:59:08 pm

Why isn't there any info on 1.5? Are you following Apple on being top secret? This is unacceptable to those who have been long term users, defending M100 while it was rock bottom. This is not the way to treat us, your customers, so if you want continued business, put up the details please.

Thank you

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Floh PetersRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:50:46 am

David,

you probably know that I am not working for Media 100; but here is my point of view on this: Wick showed the new Version 1.5 of Media 100 on Thursday for the first time publicly in the Webinar, as announced in the email newsletter. He said that they are targeting a release in February. Since it is already February and the software (as far as I can tell) still has some bugs, I am guessing that everybody over there works overtime right now to get this out of the door.
The fact that they did the Webinar about an unreleased version at least shows to me that they are not "following Apple on being top secret", and I bet that the marketing team is finalizing a press release about V1.5, which should be out soon.
They are very interested that people know about the new release, since this is the way they can get users to upgrade to V1.5. I am sure the info you are looking for will be out in the next couple of days.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David IsskoRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:22:00 am

Thanks for your kind response Floh.

I understand what you are saying and I am a very patient person, really. Since M100 had the webinar which was to the wrong time for me and many others, they could still post details of it on their website. Even just a list of features, like they have proudly done in the past. Ok, so there may or may not be some bugs. All they need to say is it's coming soon, hopefully very soon.

What about it Wick? Let's get excited about 1.5 together sooner rather than later and not restrict a preview to just a few people.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SloweRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:55:31 am

I'm sorry I started this agitation for details! My only reason was that I'm planning a large scale update of the whole edit suite (new MacPro etc etc) probably my last ever as I'm very very old (probably the oldest active editor) and this new version just coincides so I want to incorporate it if possible. Sorry Floh, didn't want to embarrass you.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin SandyRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:06:32 pm

Re: oldest active editor.

Dr. Cleve Sandy, founder of SAV might have you beat on that one....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark FoersterRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 4:12:14 pm

The Webinars should be 're-playable" at anytime - surely that is possible?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 6, 2010 at 4:30:22 pm

Colin, is Cleve your dad? Does he beat 75?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin SandyRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:17:24 pm

Yes sir! You may have him beat. He was born in 1935 so depending on your birthday...

It's funny because he knew very little about computers, having come from film editing all his life. He jumped into linear video in the 80s and non-linear editing in the 90s.

He's very much a Final Cut Pro expert now. I on the other hand concentrate more on live events.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 6, 2010 at 7:42:29 pm

Well, I'm 75 in March so there may not be much in it after all.

I too was film making with good old film up until the mid 1990's when digital video became good enough for my taste. The change in the editing was terrifying, I too had never even turned on a computer and a good friend directed me to Media 100. The workflow seemed to be the closest to film editing that was available and although the learning curve was not easy for me the intuitive nature of Media 100 has remained the most valid reason to stay loyal. All the progress now being made by Boris has rewarded us and IMHO Media 100 is the best and most enjoyable system there is. Long may it be so.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin GrimshawRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 11:12:05 am

Well at least you GOT the Webinar invite. I never received any notification of that event! I normally get these, but had no idea it was taking place. Perhaps Boris needs to recheck its database of those on email lists? Wick: can this be done somehow on-line so we don't miss out on things again??

Colin Grimshaw
Imperial College London

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew MehtaRe: M100 fanboys eagerly await new release, =D
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 1:25:06 pm

Thought the thread could do with a more positive sounding subject/title, ;-).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gregg MichaelsRe: Very disappointed M100 long term user
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 3:51:18 pm

I agree. No invite here either.

GM

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Wickham StrubM100 Product Manager attempts to quell pending mutiny ;-)
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 5:12:59 pm

Well... I suppose we should be happy that people care enough about Media 100 to get upset over it. I choose to see that as a good thing.

For those of you that didn't get a notice about the webinar, I apologize. We sent the email using the same methods that we always have. No one was deliberately excluded and we're looking into why some did not receive the invite.

We are planning to send a "What's Coming in v1.5" email later this week. When it goes out, I will post here so you can all look for it. If you do NOT get it, please let us know so we can track what's going on.

I'm going to start a fresh thread now with bullet points of the new features in v1.5. See you there.

~Wick

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]