Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

M100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Thomas HughesM100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 10:30:16 pm

Is it easy to work on a suite that has both M100 Suite and FC on it? I'm in a studio where everyone cuts FC. I don't, never have, and I need to start putting in some hours. So I'm going to purchase M100 Suite.

I'm weak technically and if there are a bunch of settings that I have to change every time I sit down to do M100 after another editor has been cutting FC, then I'd be wiser to spring for an M100 dedicated computer.

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Floh PetersRe: M100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 11:36:11 pm

No need to switch settings or stuff. Media100 stores its settings within its preferences; so even if you have to change e.g. something in the Aja settings for FCP it won´t affect Media 100s Aja settings. So you definitely can switch between FCP and Media 100 on the same computer easily.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Wickham StrubRe: M100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 2:54:22 am

It's important to understand that although Media 100 can use hardware from AJA, Blackmagic and Matrox, we currently only have the sort of tight integration Floh is describing with AJA. We are able to take full advantage of the the AJA drivers and thus the Media 100 software "drives" the card as if it were our own custom hardware.

With Blackmagic and Matrox you will have to tweak their respective Control Panels to fit the needs of the particular projects you're working on, same as you do with any hardware (even AJA) when using FCP.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas HughesRe: M100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 3:22:27 am

Thanks Wick. Our suites use the Kona 3 cards and junction boxes. Are those a good fit for M100 Suite?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Floh PetersRe: M100 on a Suite w/FC or Not?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 4:17:28 am

[Thomas Hughes] "Thanks Wick. Our suites use the Kona 3 cards and junction boxes. Are those a good fit for M100 Suite? "

Perfect :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]