Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

DSR-45 mastering problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt JonesDSR-45 mastering problems
by on Jul 24, 2009 at 7:09:09 pm

I am trying to master a M100i 601 timeline to DVCAM on a DSR-45 via firewire. I have tried every combination of output settings and machine controls: Firewire (mastering), firewire output and RS422a mach control.

I can digitize and control the deck fine, just can't master.

It either gets the TC right and I get no video, or 1 see 1 frame of video and then it stops or locks up. It even recorded the 10 min program with NO TIMECODE. Plyaed fine, just 00:00:00:00 all the way through. weird.

I have searched through the 45s menus to see what things I can change to try to make it work : DV In TC, TC/UB IN, TC Preset, etc. I am having no luck.

Does someone have a similar setup that's working? I'm running the latest everything (QT, M100, OS, AJA LHe drivers) on a 2 x 3.2 Quad Mac Pro.

Matt Jones
Metro Productions, Inc.
Raleigh, NC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SloweRe: DSR-45 mastering problems
by on Jul 25, 2009 at 2:15:38 pm

Mastering out to a DVCAM deck with one of the DSR's can be infuriating as there are so many combinations of settings to get right. I would bet that just one of these is not set right and it's just a matter of going through them all again and again. Sometimes a setting changes when you re set another one. It's all about the combinations generally. Of course you could have a technical fault and no amount of fiddling about will help that but generally it is a matter of fluking all the right settings.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin GrimshawRe: DSR-45 mastering problems
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 8:53:35 am

Matt,

I'm sure by now you have already solved this problem, but here's what we do to master to DSR45 via firewire:

Project Settings:

Codecs: (aquire/import+firewire out)
SET TO DV

Preferences:
Video Output: (output HDe change to DV)
SET TO DV and Select DV Deck for control too.

Device Control:
Set to Firewire and Select deck too.

You should now see an image on the DVCam monitor screen, but make sure you selected DV in on the DSR45 (you won't hear sound thru your speakers as this is now routed via the Firewire, but check the sound input with the 'display select' switch on the DSR45. Now Master to Tape (within File Menu).

It took me ages to solve this ouput problem too and I never thought I was going to be able to master back to DVCam, but this makes things work OK for me.

Colin Grimshaw
Imperial College London

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]