Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

16x9 footage from PD-150

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeffrey Stoner16x9 footage from PD-150
by on Feb 17, 2006 at 6:40:41 pm

have some footage shot on a pd-150 in 16 x 9. i would like to edit this footage in M100 using the 4:3 setting.

is there something in M100 (or more likely, the playback settings of the PD-150 that i use as my source deck) that will allow me to digitize this footage so that it creates the black bars, and therefore able to edit it in a 4:3 timeline?

thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bobby MosaediRe: 16x9 footage from PD-150
by on Feb 17, 2006 at 11:09:49 pm

unfortunately, not that i know of from the PD-150. It is anamorphically squeezed, so you need to"de-squeeze" by scale the image down to do so. If you had a media100 HD, it would be kind of easy, but not quick. Here's a suggestion if your final output is on DVD: go ahead and digitize/edit in 16x9, and then when you are done you can export to DVD studio pro and instruct it to letterbox the image when played back on a 4:3 DVD player. This is definitely a plus since you would be pleasing the hell out of anyone who owns a 16:9 ratio TV set, while still being able to deliver a letterboxed, 4x3 image to everyone else. Your other option is to export your timeline piece to after effects, manually scale the image down and render the piece back into media 100 for playback/mastering. Hope this helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]