Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Won't import audio and other problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
matt shortWon't import audio and other problems
by on Jul 26, 2005 at 9:09:09 pm

Well everything has been smooth as silk under Tiger until today. M100i won't import audio from a CD. I tried dragging and dropping & command I several times. I got one .aiff to import but then the bin it was imported to wouldn't open later until I trashed the .aiff from the drive (although I can't empty the trash because it doesn't recognize the file). Also, I have to restart the computer to get it to eject the CD (by holding the power button because it won't shut down or restart after running M100i). Digitizing is another issue. I can't digitize due to audio & video sync problems. Nothing has changed in my cabeling since I last digitized.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

matt shortRe: Won't import audio and other problems
by on Jul 27, 2005 at 6:07:18 pm

I tried reinstalling the OS and M100. I ran a test on the board (P6000 / DV600) and everything is OK. Anyone have any ideas? I'm finishing up a long project and really need to redig. My other M100 is version 7.5 so I would have to use EDLs to finish on that one. Those Decklink cards and FCP are looking better everyday!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

matt shortRe: Won't import audio and other problems
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 3:46:31 pm

After researching for hours and posting on a dozen different forums, I found the cure. If this happens to anyone else, its a simple remedy...
You need to reset the pmu (power management unit). Shut down then hold shift / control / option / command and press the power button. Wait 5 seconds and let it start up. Reset your clock and everything should be fine.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]