Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

the following cards are being used for image processing?

COW Forums : DaVinci Basics & Configuration

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Enes Pizovicthe following cards are being used for image processing?
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:12:52 pm

I just recently installed gt 120 with radeon 5770 resolve works great until gt 120 was installed now i am getting error (the following cards are being used for image processing) do i need to remove gt 120 or can i tell resolve to switch to 5770. And do i get any use out of gt 120 by hawing it in my mac?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: the following cards are being used for image processing?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:01:37 am

you shouldn't have a monitor attached to the GT120 if you are using it as a Gpu processor.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter ChamberlainRe: the following cards are being used for image processing?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:55:47 am

It sounds like you don't have an approved config.
If you are using the GT120 as a UI card, you need a CUDA GPU for image processing, not ATI. The GT120 is not powerful enough for image processing.
Please refer to the config guides on the BMD support web site.
Peter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Enes PizovicRe: the following cards are being used for image processing?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 11:50:00 pm

I am using Radeon 5770 as my main screen and gt 120 for my second lcd monitor it was working fine until i decided to use gt 120 thinking that i will gain some performance out of my software like FCP AF and Cinema 4d. But i guess i will take gt 120 out. I was thinking maybe i can use gt 120 some how.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dwaine MaggartRe: the following cards are being used for image processing?
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 7:32:33 pm

Your better option would be to put the GT120 in slot 2, and connect your display to it, and use it as the GUI card. Then add a GTX series NVIDIA card in Slot 1. Assuming you are using Lion 10.7.4 or Mountain Lion.

If you are using Snow Leopard, then the only NVIDIA card you could add in slot 1 would be a Mac GTX285, FX4800 or Quadro 4000 card. If you got a Quadro 4000, you could stick that in slot 2 and use the HD5770 as your GUI card in slot 1, if you wanted to.

But you don't want to use either the HD5770 OR the GT120 as a GPU card, if you can possibly avoid it.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]