Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

DaVinci controller

COW Forums : DaVinci Basics & Configuration

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jonathan BiglerDaVinci controller
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:42:40 pm

Hi there,

we're using DaVinci Resolve and a control surface Tangent Wave. The Wave is OK, but there are a couple of shortcuts really missing, and not much to do about it since the mapping is not customizable.

Does anybody has experience of adding a side USB controller, something that emulates a keyboard? I really miss a quick access to the memories, and using the keyboard is a little annoying. I would love to have a simple controller with 16 buttons to read and write the memories, plus a couple of buttons for a few missing short cuts.

I love the tool, but man it's not that great without the actual controller from BlackMagic... and we can't afford that at the moment.

Thanks for any tips

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: DaVinci controller
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:14:40 pm

If you search the forum, there are a few threads about programmable game controllers, and of course there is a Resolve layout available for the "Keypad" iPad app.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sascha HaberRe: DaVinci controller
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:42:42 pm

The Logitech G13 is your answer.
But you only have 8 memories anyway.
More than enough for me, if I need more, I use the gallery.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonathan BiglerRe: DaVinci controller
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:02:31 pm

Thanks to both of you, the G13 looks like a great complement to our Wave board. Exactly what I've been looking for the whole afternoon, thanks ;-)

For info, I successfully used my ShuttlePro: http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/23 to assign memories. But it only had 4 buttons, and I didn't need the dial. The G13 seems much better.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]