Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

JVC SR-DVM600U

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
claude isbellJVC SR-DVM600U
by on Apr 15, 2008 at 5:56:08 pm

Got this a couple of months ago. I tried JVC, but never heard back. I'm using Final Cut Pro 6, and the player works fine, except for one thing: When playing the timeline, the video out isn't continuous. It just shows the frame it's on when stopped. When capturing it's fluid, but not when playing from the timeline. Now, it obviously sees the deck, and there is a firewire connection. But, it's strange that it only thing it shows is the current frame, when it's not moving. Any help is appreciated. I tried all firewire settings. I have a G5 Powermac, with 5GB.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Johnny ClarkRe: JVC SR-DVM600U
by on Apr 16, 2008 at 3:06:29 am

In Final Cut try this:
View --> External Video --> All Frames

Refresh as well.

Let me know!

Johnny C

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

claude isbellRe: JVC SR-DVM600U
by on Apr 16, 2008 at 2:56:12 pm

Tried that. Also tried with tape deck on first, and with computer on first. It would make more sense if there was no activity at all, but since it shows the current frame, I know that there is a signal of some kind. I guess my biggest fear is that I can't use the deck as a thru, in my set-up. Have other people used this deck, and are able to play the timeline on a monitor plugged into it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

claude isbellRe: JVC SR-DVM600U
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 4:58:17 pm

Just thought I'd let people know what happened. In case someone has a problem in the future. The reason it wasn't outputting video was that a while before, I was working on an HDV project, and thought I'd changed back to DV completely, but hadn't. One of the many settings said HDV, instead of DV. When I simply imput everything from scratch, as if it was my first time using everything, I found the bad setting.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]