Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

HD100 record issue...

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tim BakerHD100 record issue...
by on Sep 19, 2007 at 12:40:28 pm

I have a post below...but will repost it here again since in the last two days a buddy of mine with the same camera is having an identical problem.

When the camera records to tape at random intervals you can hear a slight "hickup" in the audio and maybe a 2 frame glitch in the video.

In a continous record that I had with a two camera shoot...on digi into FCP...the tape signaled random timecode breaks and stream errors...in a continous record. How am I getting timecode breaks in a continous roll.

To try and workaround...I and my buddy both tried a dub from camera to our decks with new timecode being recorded on the dub and it still will not digi properly...somehow the initial problem is transfered in a dub to a new tape/recording.

I really need to find out if this is a problem with my aging HD100 or what is going on...I am in the process of buying 4 new camera packages and do not want to stay with a camera that is going to have this issue. The camera has been great up to this point.

Could it be a tape stock issue? I am at a loss...if it was the tape stock...you would think that a dub would get rid of the problem and at least let you free-roll the footage into FCP since the timecode would be fixed.

BY the by...I do plenty of pre and post roll...and what of the continous record...there is obviously plenty of pre/post roll there.

Thanks all...I would love to hear from someone at JVC if they monitor here.

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kelvin_HaRe: HD100 record issue...
by on Nov 7, 2007 at 12:36:18 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem as you.

I'm using a Sony HVR-Z1P and editing on FCP 5.1.4

I have numberous TC breaks during continuous shots that it is not amusing at all. Very frustrating because there can be 35 breaks in a single tape.

The problem is that this doesn't happen on every tape I use, but lately it has been happening on MOST tapes I have.

I currently have 80 or more tapes in stock, and I'm just afraid to use them because of this issue.

I've tried everything you tried but I'm still getting the problems, so I wonder if anyone has an answer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim BakerRe: HD100 record issue...
by on Nov 7, 2007 at 3:35:13 pm

Hey Kelvin,

Nothing yet...I think I just got a bad batch of tapes is all I can figure.

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kelvin_HaRe: HD100 record issue...
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 1:26:59 am

Hi Tim,

I have a whole batch of bad tapes.

I scroll through the alleged TC break frame by frame and there is no TC break, yet the machine recognises it as one.

Totally frustrating.

I thought it may have been a problem with the Sony Z1, but I now I see that it is also happening with the HD100. I've been told that TC for HDV is very sensitive, but I don't quite understand how they arrived at this conclusion.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim BakerRe: HD100 record issue...
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:13:48 pm

I think the TC sensitivity comes from the nature of GOP structure recording for the mpeg recorded signal. Issues with landing on that one certain frame and how it is recorded.

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]