Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Capturing with Dsr-11

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
charlie WuCapturing with Dsr-11
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 5:27:32 pm

Hi,

in my previous post, I had problem with block noise while capturing. The problem seemed to be gone now after a couple cleaning cycles.

This time is a question about daisy chain firewire devices while doing capture with the deck.
I used an imac with 1 400 port and 1 800 port. when daisy chained with couple of firewire 400 drives and then to the deck, i experienced drop frame every time. So i moved all the drives to the 800 port with an adapter and left the 400 port dedicated for the deck; everything then worked out perfectly.

anybody have similar experience? I read in the LAFCPUG, someone said he had no problem with daisy chain all the devices - in reality is it a okay practice?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian LouisRe: Capturing with Dsr-11
by on Apr 3, 2010 at 11:06:17 am

Its always best to have devices like camcorders and decks separate, its been a long time but I think the problem is most don't have an addressable ID like Optical devices and disks so bus control is problematic, even daisy chaining two cams and or decks can be problems

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

charlie WuRe: Capturing with Dsr-11
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 1:19:24 am

thanks.

so i guess imac is bad for capturing at this point then. what about a hard drive and a deck? still problematic?
if it's the ID of the machine, that means a firewire hub will not make a difference, correct?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]