Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

PD170 Menu, Manual settings unresponsive

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ali SeitzPD170 Menu, Manual settings unresponsive
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:26:02 pm

For some reason, the Sony PD170 I have from school will not let me access the menu (I press "Menu" and nothing happens). I also cannot manually adjust the iris, white balance, shutter speed, gain, or audio levels. I have set the Auto-lock to the middle setting (not Auto Lock or Hold), but when I try to make any adjustments, nothing different shows up on the LCD screen or viewfinder. I have tried pressing "reset," but I cannot access the menu to set anything again. Am I missing a different "lock" button, or something like it?
Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Terry EsslingerRe: PD170 Menu, Manual settings unresponsive
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 8:07:22 pm

Unfortunately if you have a charged battery in place, the switch turned to camera, the lcd screen opened up and you press menu and a set of menus do not come up on the lcd screen, your camera is defective and needs repair. This step does not matter where the auto lock is set to.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ali SeitzRe: PD170 Menu, Manual settings unresponsive
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 10:26:12 pm

I was afraid that was the case. Thank you for responding!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]