Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Cooling My Computer

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rick SullivanCooling My Computer
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 3:45:28 pm

I want to put my computer and hard drives in a closet or on the other side of a wall to reduce noise. What are the best products and/or designs for cooling a hot, noisy, super computer?

3.0GB Dual Xeons/4GB Ram/Raids and three external hard drives. I use Matrox Axio w/Premiere Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary BettanRe: Cooling My Computer
by on Jan 29, 2008 at 3:27:23 pm

be very careful here. Air flow is critical. Make sure you have adequate airflow to dissipate the heat.

GAry

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

erlendRe: Cooling My Computer
by on Jan 31, 2008 at 1:03:32 pm

Fit a 360x120 radiator with three 120mm fans, blowing air from the cabinet out through the radiator. Should be OK for dual Xeons, if you do not overclock them. I have one quad-core at 3,6Ghz, and a 240x120 radiator. With slow speed fans (1000rpm) the load temp of the cores is 55-60 degrees Celsius. Put quality waterblocks on the Xeons, and a quality water pump. Use 1/2" tubing. Few things beat water when it comes to effective cooling.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]