Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim ReedFinal Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:22:34 pm

Recently installed FCP X. I cannot burn a DVD when sending it out. I am able to send it out as a mov or any format. I then send the mov to DVD SP for burning. I have spoken with Apple several times and keep being passed up their food chain with suggestions, but so far nothing works. After reinstalling FCP X as their first suggestion that did not help. My run time on the projects for burning are anywhere from a couple of minutes up to 120 minutes. I haven't had any other issues with the software.

I'm running FCP X on a 27" iMac, i7 with the quad processors. I was using FCP 7 without any issues ever. It is still installed and working properly.

Any suggestions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simon UbsdellRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:23:01 pm

Have you not tried using the Share menu to export to DVD directly from FCPX?

This works quite effectively although the authoring choices are of course somewhat limited.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim ReedRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:44:26 pm

I have been using the share menu, that's where the problem lies.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 2:33:37 am

Why not export a qt movie, make mpeg2+audio in compressor, then import those into DVD sp?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason PorthouseRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 9:14:41 am

Jim,

Is it just hanging on starting the share? I had that last night, and you end up with a process in share monitor that won't cancel.

Try restarting your machine, render the file first, then on sharing make sure to select background rendering on this machine. See if that makes any difference - it worked for me.

Cheers,

Jason

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

*the artist formally known as Jaymags*

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 30, 2012 at 1:00:56 pm

Jason,

I tried what you mentioned and that did not see to help.

After clicking on Share and DVD, it starts the process and runs most of the way through before it hangs up. Nothing is ever burned to the disk.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:58:09 pm

As mentioned before, I did send the project out as a qt (mov) and sent it to DVD SP and it worked fine. I should be able to click on Share and DVD and burn the disk. I shouldn't have to export and then go to DVD SP.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill DavisRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on Apr 8, 2012 at 2:02:20 am

Just to confirm this overall, that's all I ever do.

I go to the Share Menu - click DVD - and after making a few selections (and maybe using the "export still" to make a nicer disk label) - I've been burning the few client review DVDs that folks are still requiring right out of X.

It's simple and reliable for me.

Remember, that the process still requires MPEG-2 Enccoding and the result has to fit in the 4gig DVD bit bucket - so I guess it's possible that there are issues of too much content, too little RAM, too little disc space for processing overhead or some processor performance issues in the way.

I've never looked into those because I haven't had any problems making DVDs out of X myself.

So all I can say with assuranceis that it's possible for the program - and actually down right easy.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul HanssenRe: Final Cut X - cannot burn DVD
by on May 25, 2012 at 11:30:20 am

Hi, I have the same problem after burning quite a lot of dvd's. But where is this 4 gig bucket?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]