Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eric CoshP2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Mar 4, 2012 at 9:04:58 pm

Hi all:
Has anyone else experienced this problem? When I import my 720PN 24 footage into FCP X, it works great, but when I add 60P footage for slow motion, it freezes. I've tried it with both of my HVX200's and I get the same message on 3 of my computers. I know my P2 cards are ok (1-64, 2-32's, 4-16's) and when I bring the same footage into 7 with log and transfer, it works great. The work around that I'm using now is to bring in the slow motion footage into 7 and then I export those as QT movies and then bring that into X.

thanks in advance,

eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jamal WattsRe: P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:42:31 pm

Yep, I get the same with my slow motion HVX footage, too. I submitted the bug to Apple, did you?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric CoshRe: P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:46:37 pm

Thanks so much Jamal. You don't know how much this helps me. All I could think of is that it had something to do with either my HVX200s, my P2 cards, or my new mac. I do a lot of slow motion with the Hvx200, especially my helicopter footage. Hopefully Apple will correct this soon. I did post it on the Apple discussion boards, but if you have a better place to report bugs, please let me know and I'll do that also.
Have a great day Jamal,
warmest wishes,
eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:09:14 pm

I just submitted the bug report Jamal.

eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:52:51 pm

Glad I could help. Also, I just got a reply email from a guy from Apple asking me to detail the issue that we are having. I'm going to do few more tests and submit my results back to him. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved soon.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 6, 2012 at 5:56:25 pm

Update: I have done my testing and replied and sent screenshots to the Apple rep. who contacted me via email. He replied back saying that he has forwarded this issue to the engineers. I like this. Has been everyone's experience when submitting bugs to Apple?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:33:57 pm

Very cool Jamal. I submitted my bug report to Apple explaining that I have 3 different macs, 2 different HVX200's and 8 P2 cards, and it does the same exact thing on all of them.
I appreciate you keeping me posted on this and I'll do the same my friend,
warmly,

eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darren SchmittRe: P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 5:00:51 pm

If this helps I just got new 24" imac shot 60 frames. Opened FCPX and was only able to import the first 9 and will not import the remaining 30.

The error reads:

Import Failed

The following clip encountered an error during import and is still referencing media on the camera:

Clip Name: 2012-03-28 11:07:05
Event: TCBY_Mrs.Fileds Uniforms

Original Name: 01012L
Volume: NO NAME

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 29, 2012 at 7:11:14 pm

HI Darren. Yes, this is a real bug with FCP X. I think that the more people who report this to Apple, the faster they're going to react. As I mentioned, the work-a-round for me is to take the P2 into FCP 7 using Log & Transfer, then I drop all the slow motion clips onto the timeline and then export them to another drive and then Import those back into FCP X. This works, but it's a real hassle.

warmest regards,
eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 10, 2012 at 10:52:28 pm

ITS FIXED!!!!!! APPLE'S 10.4 FIXED THE PROBLEM. GREAT JOB APPLE!!!!!!!!

warmly,
eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

dana lavoieRe: P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:55:26 am

i have the same problem my slow motion P2 footage will not transcode in FCP X. is 10.4 a down load for FCP X because i could not find it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darren SchmittRe: P2 HVX200 slow motion (60P) not importing into FCP X
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:36:09 pm

Anyone have this problem re-occur? I am on 10.0.5 now and FCPX will not import footage direst from my p2 in 60p.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:43:32 pm

Hi Darren.
I was having quite a problem with this until the update. I now have 10.0.6 and just tried it a few minutes ago and it works great. The problem that I've had in the past is that it was erratic, meaning that it would upload some of the slow motion files, and then just freeze up on some of the others. What I did for a work-around was take it into my other tower and do a log and transfer in 7. I haven't used legacy since X came out. I was pretty much with everyone else about X in the beginning, but like Ken Stone, realized that it was either accept X, or go to another system. I'm really glad I decided to stay with X from the beginning now. I'm doing a golf video tomorrow where I'll be doing a lot of slow motion (HVX200 w/P2) with 2 cameras. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

warmly,
eric
internetvideoproductions.org

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]