Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Just Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lucky HaskinsJust Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 6:42:29 pm

Hey Kids,

As I finish up some big jobs in FCP 7 I am starting a slow and measured transition into FCP X. And...of course...I am having a problem right off the bat. I have a CF card out of a 7D mounted in a card reader on the desk top. The card mounts...no problem. But I cannot seem to get FCP X to show me the import window. What is happening is that Image Capture keeps popping up on top of FCP X.

My gut tells me there is some sort of conflict and I tried to trash Image Capture to take that out of the equation but the OS won't let me trash it. Is that what is causing the problem or am I missing something. I am following Steve Martin's excellent tutorials btw so I am not just charging into this blindly.

Thanks...

L

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: Just Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 7:56:13 pm

Image Capture comes up because it's set to import stills I'm presuming. Just close it.

You do not use the camera import function with DSLRs. Just use File>Import.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lucky HaskinsRe: Just Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:15:15 pm

In addition to easing over to FCP X...it's clean installed on a fresh drive with Lion as the OS...so there are numerous mysteries, Image Capture notwithstanding.

It occurred to me that there are about 5 stills on this card...so I guess that's why Image Capture is intruding on the process. But I do close it and it just keeps popping back up. I'll go shoot a clean card with only video to take that of the equation.

Thanks...

L

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason JenkinsRe: Just Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:23:09 pm

This is OT, but are you associated with the famed Rockabilly trio "Lucky Haskins" from Ann Arbor?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lucky HaskinsRe: Just Transitioning Into FCP X...and Can't Import Footage off Card
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:13:52 pm

Nope...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]