Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Loading Events is Slow

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matthew SchicklerLoading Events is Slow
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:33:05 am

Love FCPX events and metadata. Don't love the fact that loading ("reading") events on startup is painfully slow. I've got about 5000 clips (~1TB) in my Event library consisting of about a dozen events. Every time I start FCPX I've got to wait maybe 20 seconds for the splash screen to finish reading events and then as I click on events there's additional load time in the tens of seconds. All of the clips and Events are stored on Firewire 800 drives. Anyone else experiencing this? I was really excited about having all of my clips key worded and available at all times through the FCPX application, but I'm thinking I may have to take most of the events off-line unless they're needed.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott BellefeuilleRe: Loading Events is Slow
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 8:41:35 am

This tip below may be worth a try to speed things up a bit, but not sure if it would affect start up. It's from a blog where some guys are testing out FCPX on a 9 day bike race, shooting mixed formats and editing for broadcast. Definitely worth checking out. I think they ended up with about 5400 clips.

" I just found a simple way to speed things up: Menu "View-> Hide Waveforms", do that for the Event and you can race through the icons even faster.....WOW! In the timeline it also helps to turn them off or just change the clipappearance in the bottom right."

http://fcpxmegatest.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]