Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Compressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jack NiedenthalCompressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 6:39:25 pm

I am using Compressor 4.0.4 on an iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, i7.

Every time I go to compress a 90 minute .mov file in Compressor (haven't tried other file types) on my home computer it goes all the way until it shows having about a minute left and then Compressor just stalls. It never gets to the point where it asks me to insert a blank DVD (i.e., it has already created the .m2v file and the .ac3 file(. I know the burner is okay because I can use Toast 11 to burn DVDs without problem.

I have virtually the same computer at work and Compressor 4.0.4 works fine. At home I tried reinstalling Compressor to no avail, tried trashing preferences, repairing disc permissions, zapping PRAM and even then followed an Apple support page where it said to trash the Apple Qmaster folder in Library/Application support, which i also did, still to no avail.

Please help...

Jack Niedenthal
Microwave Films of the Marshall Islands
http://www.microwavefilms.org
iMac i7 using Lion 10.7.x, HPX 170 using only one 64GB card
I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific, YOU are my only resource.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean McCarthyRe: Compressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 6:43:52 pm

i had the same problem, i had to reinstall FCPx and reinstall compressor and all the problems were fixed

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Jack NiedenthalRe: Compressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:41:57 am

I am not sure why it would have anything to do with FCPX because I am uploading the .mov file from my desk top already created with FCPX into Compressor to create a DVD. Again, it outputs an ac3 file and a m2v file but it stalls just as it gets ready to burn… I notice before it used to create a folder called PAL, that isn't happening now. Compressor used to work fine. Indeed, I was already making copies of the mov file that can't be burned (it won't burn other files either).

I tried digital rebellions Compressor Repair, that didn't work either. This is driving me nuts.

Jack Niedenthal
iMac i7 using Lion 10.7.x, HPX 170 using only one 64GB card

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

David EaksRe: Compressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:26:32 am

I've had similar issues with compressor as well. I assume you are use ing job action to burn with compressor.

One time when Compressor hung at the burn process, I decided to do a test. First I noticed that the files did in fact complete, and were persent in Finder. Since I knew share monitor will restart a batch if the computer is shutdown while processing, I held the power button to force shutdown my Mac Pro. Once I rebooted, the batch started right where it left off, files already complete. The burn started immediately and completed successfully.

Definitely not a fix, just interesting that it worked

Another thing I've noticed is that if a job action hangs at the burn process and I cancel, reset background processing, reboot and try again just adding a number 2 to the end of my output file name (so not to overwrite the previous files that didn't get burned because Compressor hung). Sometimes Share Monitor will say "copying destination file" instead of "processing frame xxx of xxx". The "copy" only takes a couple minutes and then the burn starts. I started a thread about this here- http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/20/869267 no one has replied, I really wonder about this one.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack NiedenthalRe: Compressor 4.0.4 stalls just before burn
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:52:51 pm

Bummer! the new Compressor update (4.0.5) does not fix this issue--wish I could get this fixed. What I had to do was burn a Lion system (10.7.4) onto a backup drive, reboot into Lion, then Compressor burns without a problem... But. That is a hassle. Wish it would just work as intended.

I am open to suggestions.

Jack Niedenthal
iMac i7 using Mountain Lion 10.8.x, HPX 170 using only one 64GB card

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]