Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Cart Before the Horse: Preparing Effects Before the Storyline

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ernie MunickCart Before the Horse: Preparing Effects Before the Storyline
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:51:07 pm

Is this OK, a bad idea?

For instance, I won't be shooting my main video until tomorrow, but I want to prepare the lower thirds for it today. Sooo, do I first set the Video Properties to the size of the main footage that's coming tomorrow, and then insert a placeholder and work with lower thirds (and other effects) on that?

Just looking to get a head start on the project, and worried I'm gonna do something stupid (again) to bog down my project. Last time, on deadline, I connected this with that with this with that, deleted myself to panic, outta control.

Any recommendations on smooth workflow in Final Cut Pro X would be hugely appreciated. I'm watching them, absorbing a bit at a time, while trying to learn on the fly.

Thanks, everyone.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Cart Before the Horse: Preparing Effects Before the Storyline
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 5:13:29 pm

Sounds good to me.

You can always change the frame size and rate later, but at least you won't have to rekey all the titles.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill DavisRe: Cart Before the Horse: Preparing Effects Before the Storyline
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 11:43:55 pm

Hope I'm not too late on this.

But you might want to explore the "Find and replace Title Text" menu up under Edit.

If you prepare a bunch of Titles and simply label them each with something unique like A, B, C, D, etc

You can "quick customize" them by using X's capability to Find individual titles and let you replace the text rapidly.

You'll probably still have to "tweek" each one for position, line breaks, etc.

But it makes the actual text substitution really, really fast.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ernie MunickRe: Cart Before the Horse: Preparing Effects Before the Storyline
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:33:31 am

Thanks, Bill. Will definitely check that out.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]