Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

viewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Michael Williamsviewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:56:28 pm

Just cutting my teeth on FCP X. This seems very basic, but I don't see how to do a match frame to my source video or at least view the source timecode of my footage that is already on my timeline. would appreciate any help.

thanks,

mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael HofeldtRe: viewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 10:26:02 pm

The command for match frame is SHIFT+F, which reveals the clip and selection range in the browser.
Also, if you skim over your clip in the timeline with the trim tool selected (instead of the selection tool) you will see the clip timecode. My trick is to hold down T without letting go to temporarily engage the trim tool. Blade and Range tool do the same thing

Check out Richard Taylor's Tips. that's where I discovered the above.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Michael WilliamsRe: viewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 10:50:00 pm

big thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jari InnanenRe: viewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 10:43:30 pm

Try the "Clip Skimming"-command under the View menu. Should show you the TC if there is one.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

alban eggerRe: viewing source timecode of clip on timeline (project in fcp x)
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 6:41:09 am

CMD-S turns on clip-skimming as Jari suggests. This way you can "kind-of-solo" any clip any time and also see its timecode.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]