Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Render files, thumbnails many duplicates of frame 0-1023, is this normal?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Elizabeth WatkinsRender files, thumbnails many duplicates of frame 0-1023, is this normal?
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 2:29:02 pm

I've been editing on FCPX since March 2012. I came from 18 years of AVID (system finally crashed for good).

I have the best Mac Book Pro you can buy. I shoot HD 1080.

Two days ago was the 1st time I have had MAJOR hang ups while making basic titles.

I have tried turning bck render on and off and changing the times.

One thing that seems to be weird is that in the render file, thumbnails, frame 0-1023 duplicates A LOT. No other frames show duplicates.

I put a lot of them in the trash and I thought I solved my issue but as I edit more keep showing up.

Can anyone help. It is taking 10 minutes to type 2 four letter words!

Thanks

Liz

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

T. PaytonRe: Render files, thumbnails many duplicates of frame 0-1023, is this normal?
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 2:53:51 pm

Liz,

You wanna be careful deleting things in the event and project folders. Before you do something manually, use the "Delete Render Files" in the File menu.

Regarding the titling performance, can you tell me more about your project? Length? What kid of media? Are you using compound or synchronized clips to edit? Do you have a lot of events loaded? Sounds like something is up in that regard.

For a quick fix without other troubleshooting, see if you type your text in TextEdit or other app and then paste it into the inspector text area (not the viewer). That should at least get you by until you can find what is up with your timeline.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]