Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

How do I get the rest of my third party audio plugins to show up in FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shea A.J. ComfortHow do I get the rest of my third party audio plugins to show up in FCPX?
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 9:12:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

In FCPX I can see the usual audio plugins along with Melodyne & PSP Audio stuff. However, my Altiverb and UAD plugins are not listed but also installed on my machine. How do I get FCPX to see the other plugins ins that do show up in my audio programs on my computer?

I have repaired permissions and restarted the computer, to no help.

I also tried to locate the plug-in folder for FCPX butto see if I could manually add the other plugins there but I could not find the proper folder where FCPx's audio plugins are kept!

Any help appreciated!

Thank you,

~Shea

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kyle BassRe: How do I get the rest of my third party audio plugins to show up in FCPX?
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 2:57:14 am

Final Cut Pro X uses the plug-ins located at /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. As FCP X is a 64-bit application (with no bridge like Logic), it only accepts 64-bit Audio Units plugins. So if your UAD and Altiverb plugins are 32-bit, therein lies the rub.

You'll have to upgrade to 64-bit plugins when they are available. I don't believe UAD or Altiverb have 64-bit version at the present time.

So for now, you'll have to stick to editing with those plug-ins in your DAW. FCP X really needs roundtripping... BAD.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shea A.J. ComfortRe: How do I get the rest of my third party audio plugins to show up in FCPX?
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 4:05:20 am

Thank you, Kyle. That would explain it (I have discovered that the other plugs not showing up are not yet 64 bit...).

Cheers,

~Shea

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]