Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

did you know roles is event specific?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason Browndid you know roles is event specific?
by on May 17, 2012 at 12:57:41 am

This is extremely significant...so you can get super detailed in one project in regards to assigning roles to clips but that list simplifies when you remove that project from the event browser.

Was this widely known? Or did I just miss the boat somewhere?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy NeilRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 17, 2012 at 2:55:21 am

What you say is not technically correct. As long as one clip in a project or event contains a custom role, then that custom role can be used in any event or project.

Or more specifically, custom roles only exist if there are clips in projects or events using them. I touch on this in my Roles tutorial.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Jason BrownRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 17, 2012 at 4:33:08 am

Well I guess I was applying my experience which is to work on one event at a time. So when I remove the event with custom roles assigned, it goes back to default roles only.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard HerdRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 17, 2012 at 4:16:46 pm

Watch out for Bill's comment. He might state something to the effect of "events are not the same as capture scratch." And then he might explain the databasiness.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill DavisRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 18, 2012 at 4:34:16 am

[Richard Herd] "Watch out for Bill's comment. He might state something to the effect of "events are not the same as capture scratch." And then he might explain the databasiness."

A) nothing is the same as anything, anymore. That's the problem and the opportunity.
B) databasiness is akin to magneticosity - only more subtle.
C) I'm too tired to explain anything - and if you ask a certain group of people here, they'll likely swear on teetering stacks of bibles that I've never actually properly explained anything to anyone on any subject - ever.

Such is life.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve ConnorRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 18, 2012 at 8:09:24 am

As a workaround, set up a empty event that has all the roles assigned that you need and leave this in the event browser.

Steve Connor
"Sometimes it's fun to poke an angry bear with a stickl"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason BrownRe: did you know roles is event specific?
by on May 18, 2012 at 10:34:15 am

Anyone develop any creative roles and care to share? I'm really interested in the assignments u could have...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]