Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

work in compound clip with reference to main timeline

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason Brownwork in compound clip with reference to main timeline
by on May 16, 2012 at 11:36:25 pm

I'm looking for a solution here that I'll compare to After Effects.

There is an option for "keep related items in sync" -- so that when you open a precomp in a main comp...your curser is at the exact same place.

I'm using a compound clip to edit audio and I need reference to the main timeline to know exactly where to do my edit.

How I'm doing this now is trimming the end of the compound clip to the point I want and I see in and out points when I go inside the compound clip. This helps...but it could be smoother.

How about how AVID works with submasters? You can double click a submaster and do editing/trimming inside the submaster while staying in your primary timeline. Anything like this in FCPX?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: work in compound clip with reference to main timeline
by on May 17, 2012 at 3:13:54 am

[Jason Brown] "Anything like this in FCPX?"

Unfortunately, no.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Carsten OrltRe: work in compound clip with reference to main timeline
by on May 17, 2012 at 9:16:01 am

Use a secondary storyline to do your edits in instead.

Best
Carsten

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy NeilRe: work in compound clip with reference to main timeline
by on May 17, 2012 at 5:00:21 pm

This is a serious deficiency in the nature of compound clips. One that nearly prevents me from using them at all. Hopefully this is just an oversight which will get corrected, but in the meantime, do what I did and file a feedback report (in the Final Cut Pro menu I believe) requesting it as a feature enhancement. They do read those and the more people who complain...er...request...

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]