Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

record audio keyframes?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason Brownrecord audio keyframes?
by on May 15, 2012 at 1:03:23 pm

Any way to do this?

I can't figure it out...and I hate rolling audio levels and pressing "opt+K" which only works after you select the audio line...it's crappy...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy NeilRe: record audio keyframes?
by on May 15, 2012 at 7:44:27 pm

If you're talking about something like automation gain, then no. There is no realtime playback of the sequence and recording of keyframes.

However, keyframes can be quickly added by simply selecting a range in your audio and then dragging up or down to adjust the volume of that range. FCPX will automatically create 4 keyframes and you can adjust them manually after as well.

you can also option click the volume line to add keyframes.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason BrownRe: record audio keyframes?
by on May 15, 2012 at 8:47:54 pm

Good note about the range...didnt think about that. Is there any function to remove key frames quickly? Like in fcp7 hold in Alt and the pen tool changes to a "minus" pen tool over existing key frames.

Also the keyboard shortcut only works after u click on the line (which if u arent careful can change the level)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Carsten OrltRe: record audio keyframes?
by on May 15, 2012 at 10:31:48 pm

Just select the keyframe and hit delete.

To remove all keyframes select the clip, then go to the inspector and reset the volume/pan control.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason BrownRe: record audio keyframes?
by on May 16, 2012 at 11:13:51 pm

[Carsten Orlt] "Just select the keyframe and hit delete."

I understand this sounds easy...however it used to be easier...with alt held...just hover over it and click. I find that simpler than having to find and click, then press delete.

[Carsten Orlt] " remove all keyframes"

Interesting that you can't use the range selection to remove a range of keyframes. You can only remove all automation gain on the clip or manually.

I've setup the keyboard to quickly remove keyframes by using the shortcut for next and previous keyframes...however, it requires you to click on the audio line before you can use that keyboard shortcut. I don't understand the need to do this. Selecting the clip alone should allow you adjust this.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 16, 2012 at 11:30:13 pm

[Jason Brown] "I've setup the keyboard to quickly remove keyframes by using the shortcut for next and previous keyframes...however, it requires you to click on the audio line before you can use that keyboard shortcut."

I agree that keyframing needs work. Editing audio in general can be difficult in X. As you mention, you can quickly jump to keyframes in a clip with the next/prev keyframe shortcuts (OPT+; and OPT+'). However, you don't need to select the line. you can select a keyframe as well (which tends to be easier to select in most views)

Andy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 15, 2012 at 11:07:25 pm

[Jason Brown] "Also the keyboard shortcut only works after u click on the line (which if u arent careful can change the level)"

Which is why I OPT+click the line to set keyframes. You don't have to worry about accidentally adjusting the level.

Andy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]