Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

How do you convert using MPEG Streamclip?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ignacio HolidayHow do you convert using MPEG Streamclip?
by on May 5, 2012 at 4:30:11 am

I'm trying to convert a file for editing in Final Cut Pro X using MPEG Streamclip. I followed the instructions in a tutorial, which was to set the output as Apple ProRes 422 LT and the pixel dimensions at 1920x1080(unscaled). After I converted it this is the file info I got for the new converted file when I hit Command+I in QuickTime

FPS: 29.92
Data size: 22.71 GB
Data Rate: 69.92 mbit
Current size: 1440x810 pixels

WTF? Are the dimensions I picked totally wrong? How did it swell to 22 GB? And it wouldn't even play in Final Cut anyways.

I must be missing something obvious, but I am having the hardest time just converting a simple file so I can edit it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: How do you convert using MPEG Streamclip?
by on May 5, 2012 at 6:04:34 am

What else does it say? Start at the top and give the whole thing.Ignore current size. BTW, what was the original size of the media you were converting?

All the best,

Tom

"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press
Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2012 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony BrittanRe: How do you convert using MPEG Streamclip?
by on May 5, 2012 at 2:17:01 pm

If you're using FCP X you don't need to use MPEG Streamclip. When you import a file, X will transcode it to a correct ProRes codec for you according to how you set up the import.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]