Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DIRECTOR:HomeDirector ForumTagMotion Graphics

Shockwave and external audio files?

COW Forums : Adobe Director

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan HillShockwave and external audio files?
by on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:35:39 pm

A client wants an old CD-rom put online. It was made in Director, so potentially the simplest way would be to embed it as a Shockwave. But it has 500 MB of audio files. Is there a way to use external mp3 files?

I know how I would do the same thing in Flash, but I'm less familiar with Director.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HillRe:Exporting audio and image files?
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:13:13 pm

Okay, how about this? If I presume I'm re-creating the functionality in Flash, how do I export images and audio files from the Cast? (Of course, the client can't find the original source files.)

I found something called AudioXtra that allegedly will help me export the audio files.

I can't find a similar thing for images.

I'm really unfamiliar with Director, so all I'm aiming for at this point is to extract the content in any form that I can import into Flash.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HillRe: Re:Exporting cast members?
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:16:18 pm

Okay, I've been reading the help files for AudioXtra, and it's going on about recording to a file, so I no longer think it's what I'm looking for.

There's also instructions I found that said I could copy and paste a cast member into another program. That would be tedious with the number of audio files in this, but if it worked, I could get it done. But it doesn't work! It copies and pastes the *path* to the file and the *name* of the cast member, not the cast member itself!

The content is there! How do I get it out?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]