Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Aindreas GallagherPremiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 1:20:16 pm

this looks rather handy.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 4:53:16 pm

Good to see third parties stepping in and filling workflow holes.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Steve ConnorRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 4:55:36 pm

Good catch, this could be very useful, but isn't third party companies filling workflow holes bad?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

by on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:46:38 pm

[Steve Connor] "but isn't third party companies filling workflow holes bad?"

I have never seen it that way. Third party developers have an attention to detail that sometimes bigger companies can't focus on, and that's OK. Third parties also help to identify shortcomings in bigger software, and eventually help to make that software better.

Yet, some seem to think third party workflow help is sacrilegious, at least when it comes to FCPX.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 7, 2013 at 6:08:20 pm

I was trying for irony, clearly didn't work!

Steve Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 7, 2013 at 6:10:40 pm

[Steve Connor] "I was trying for irony, clearly didn't work!"

I knew exactly what you meant! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 7, 2013 at 8:20:12 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I knew exactly what you meant! :)"

Sorry, sometimes my bad use of irony doesn't manage to get all the way across the pond!

Steve Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 7:17:03 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Yet, some seem to think third party workflow help is sacrilegious, at least when it comes to FCPX."

I certainly think leaving core functionality to third parties has inherent problems as I have argued ad nauseum. This looks like core functionality to me and it seems also to Adobe. The sneak peak NAB videos at this site show that Adobe has basically put this same feature in CS7

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/programs/even
/1303_30759_nab.html?trackingid=KEVXL

Have a look at Link & locate. It is good if a third party app offers superior functionality but I hate it when programs just leave out really important things and we have to wait months or years to have them available.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 10, 2013 at 3:32:43 pm

[Michael Gissing] "I certainly think leaving core functionality to third parties has inherent problems as I have argued ad nauseum. This looks like core functionality to me and it seems also to Adobe. The sneak peak NAB videos at this site show that Adobe has basically put this same feature in CS7"

There is certainly more robust linking in Pr Cs Next, but I don't think it goes as far as reLink reTooled.

[Michael Gissing] "It is good if a third party app offers superior functionality but I hate it when programs just leave out really important things and we have to wait months or years to have them available."

So, then, by default, you hate Adobe? I mean, it's only fair, right? ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 10, 2013 at 3:40:51 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Michael Gissing] "It is good if a third party app offers superior functionality but I hate it when programs just leave out really important things and we have to wait months or years to have them available."

So, then, by default, you hate Adobe? I mean, it's only fair, right? ;)"

Steve Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 10, 2013 at 10:48:40 pm

[Jeremy Garchow]"So, then, by default, you hate Adobe? I mean, it's only fair, right? ;)"

There is a world of difference between constructive criticism and hate and I know you are being tongue in cheek and yes the media relinking in Adobe has been an area that I find them lacking but not totally.

There is a media relink mechanism so they haven't released software with no relink but it is poor and I am hoping it is at least robust with the CS7 release. That said, I am also happy to buy third party apps that do things better like I did with FCP Legend.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aindreas GallagherRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 6:41:50 pm

yes, of course. only in the case of FCPX mind you. fnar, and fnar a little more.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aindreas GallagherRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:40:02 pm

mezzanine codec behaviour looks to hold true - 60 second prores timeline goes out in under 10 seconds as a pro res master - the output rendering hit looks to be effectively gone. biggie of you're long form I guess.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LawrenceRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:01:39 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "mezzanine codec behaviour looks to hold true - 60 second prores timeline goes out in under 10 seconds as a pro res master - the output rendering hit looks to be effectively gone. biggie of you're long form I guess."

It's a biggie for long form, short form and everything in-between. If this really works, expect the floodgates to open.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:15:24 pm

[David Lawrence] "It's a biggie for long form, short form and everything in-between. If this really works, expect the floodgates to open."

You're right, it does seem strange that it wasn't highlighted in large flashing lights as it's a MAJOR feature that almost everyone has been asking for.

Steve Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CherniackRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:19:13 pm

"Improved smart rendering" in understated Adobe marketing spam.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LawrenceRe: Premiere Pro 7 conform & re-link
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:59:09 pm

[Steve Connor] "You're right, it does seem strange that it wasn't highlighted in large flashing lights as it's a MAJOR feature that almost everyone has been asking for."

Yes, that and improved media management are HUGE. If those two things live up to the hype, it seems like the biggest concerns about the platform will essentially be gone. Next week is gonna be very interesting...

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]