Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

IBC Announcements?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Keith KobyIBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 1:41:40 am

IBC Announcements? Anyone, Anyone?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:03:42 am

Apple meeting in hotel linen closet with an unnamed journalist to reveal FCPX 2013 roadmap.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:41:21 am

Small cameras. Everywhere.

Adobe. Anywhere.

Apple. Nowhere.

Avid. Still there.

Me. Not there.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+4

Gary HuffRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:42:37 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Small cameras. Everywhere.

Adobe. Anywhere.

Apple. Nowhere.

Avid. Still there.

Me. Not there."

Nice Haiku there, Jeremy. ;-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:15:56 pm

Oops, I forgot one.

Addendum:

Autodesk. Almost there!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Liam HallRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 9:23:59 am

iPhone 5 due September 21st...

Liam Hall
Director/DoP/Editor
http://www.liamhall.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:54:29 pm

[Liam Hall] "iPhone 5 due September 21st..."

Yes, it's the small camera that will be a "game changer" and for once they can really use that phrase. Not only can you shoot and stream live you can change what Angry Birds game you're playing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:02:37 pm

You should definitely be checking the COW News section, linked in the orange nav bar at the top of the page. The biggest gathering of IBC announcements in one place.

That said, it will be kind of quiet a bit longer. The curtain doesn't really raise until tomorrow.

In the coming days, Debra Kaufman will be following up with more detailed stories primarily from the post side, and Ryan Salazar will wrap things up at the end of the show with a major broadcast component included.

tw

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:19:09 pm

Theres been a slew of announcements from AJA and Blackmagic.

Sound Devices has a few new things.

Adobe CS6 got some really nice maintenance updates and broader CUDA and retina support.

What else?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael HancockRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:26:37 pm

May not be an official IBC announcement but Avid announced Media Composer 6.5 and Symphony 6.5 upgrades today. Got a marketing email from Blackmagic this morning on their announcements - do they ever sleep? They're cranking stuff out like crazy!

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:33:53 pm

Yes, I saw relink is better in 6.5?

[Michael Hancock] "Got a marketing email from Blackmagic this morning on their announcements - do they ever sleep? They're cranking stuff out like crazy!"

Kind of mind boggling, actually.

Here's the list for those that didn't get the email.

• Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT

• UltraStudio 4K

• UltraStudio Mini Capture

• UltraStudio Mini Monitor

• DeckLink 4K Extreme

• Videohub Master Control

• Mini Converter SDI to HDMI 4K

• Mini Converter SDI Multiplex

• ExFAT HyperDeck Update

• Thunderbolt™ for Windows

• ATEM Audio Panel Support

Zeiss has some new offerings as well.

Variety is the spice of life, as they say. It is certainly a different world out there.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn MillerRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:47:25 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT"

Holy crap, and hold the phone! I always thought that MFT was the perfect choice for this camera... a no brainer actually. Now, you can use two of the fastest prime lenses on the market, plus Panasonic's awesome new f/2.8 12-35 zoom. Thanks for sharing that, Jeremy.

Shawn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Post removed.

Gary HuffRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 5:38:49 pm

[Shawn Miller] "Now, you can use two of the fastest prime lenses on the market, plus Panasonic's awesome new f/2.8 12-35 zoom."

Actually, I'm not sure how well that mount is going to work for anything other than the Voigtlander lenses. It's a dumb mount, meaning you won't be able to change aperture on those Panasonic lenses.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn MillerRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 5:57:18 pm

[Gary Huff] "Actually, I'm not sure how well that mount is going to work for anything other than the Voigtlander lenses. It's a dumb mount, meaning you won't be able to change aperture on those Panasonic lenses."

Ah, good point. In my excitement, I forgot that the Panasonic lenses have electronic apeture. I still have a number of Zeiss, Sigma and Nikkor glass that I can use via a Novoflex adapter though... so it's still good news. I was considering picking up another AF100 this winter, but if the BMCC shakes out like I hope it will - it may become my new go to camera for VFX, b-roll and beauty shots.

Shawn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bjarki GudjonssonRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 12:16:56 am

I'm at IBC and met Apple for a brief meeting yesterday.

They have a lot of faith in Final Cut Pro X for the professional market in the long run and assure us (when we ask about Thunderbolt Mac Pros) that they are fully committed to the creative market, and will keep supporting it full force. They actually made a compelling case. Whether or not you choose to follow their path, is another question altogether!

B.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: IBC Announcements?
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 12:44:03 am

I welcome the news that Apple say they are committed to the video professional. I will be doubly welcoming when that manifests in software and hardware that suits me and many others in broadcast.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 9, 2012 at 1:07:09 am

[Bjarki Gudjonsson] "They have a lot of faith in Final Cut Pro X for the professional market in the long run"

At least they are confident with what they have in store for professionals. They are in a strong position to have patience as they build.

Alas if we only knew what to expect.

[Bjarki Gudjonsson] "and assure us (when we ask about Thunderbolt Mac Pros) that they are fully committed to the creative market"

One could read a lot into that. Short version. It won't be a "Mac Pro" but it will be "Pro" so they feel.

[Bjarki Gudjonsson] "They actually made a compelling case"

I'd love to hear it. What were their points beyond general promises of commitment?

[Bjarki Gudjonsson] "Whether or not you choose to follow their path, is another question altogether!"

It may not be for some of us here. I think they gain by attrition though. Younger, newer people will be more open to it than those faced with unlearning.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]