Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

CS6 free trial

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dennis RadekeCS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 11:31:40 am

Ladies and gents,

While I expect the fattest data pipe in the world to be a bit slow for the next few days as people download CS6 and try it out, I wanted to post the link here for you to have in case you do want to give it a try.

http://adobe.ly/In5IR5

As always, let me know if there are questions. I will try to answer as much as I can.

Cheers,
Dennis - Adobe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dennis RadekeRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 12:10:51 pm

Trial limitations (there aren't really any) for Premiere Pro

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/trial-version-limitations-premiere-p...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark DobsonRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 2:54:13 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "Trial limitations (there aren't really any) for Premiere Pro"

Hi Dennis,

having looked through the 'Trial limitations ' list I notice it includes XF Mpeg2 and XDCAM EX so does that mean that the files from my C300 will not be imported?

I'm sure that's not the case but maybe you could reassure me that I've misunderstood the list.

thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:06:10 pm

Looks like that's CS 5.

Here's the CS 5.5 (and later) trial limitations:

"Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later

The trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later includes all sequence presets, editing modes, and encoders and decoders (codecs) included in the full, activated version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later.

When you download the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later, you do not receive the title templates or non-English speech-to-text dictionaries (speech analysis models). You can download these items after you have purchased the software."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark DobsonRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 4:32:51 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later includes all sequence presets, editing modes, and encoders and decoders (codecs) included in the full, activated version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later."

Thank's for translating that Jeremy. It was the list below that threw me off the scent.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LawrenceRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 4:55:27 pm

Hey Dennis, is there any difference between today's official release and the leaked pre-release I've been playing with all week?

I'm using version 6.0.0 (319 (MC:264587))

Thanks!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dennis RadekeRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 6:00:06 pm

Dave,

No, not to my knowledge. We stage our builds ahead of time and someone just figured out a way to get to them before we officially launched them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 6:10:54 pm

Thanks Dennis,

I kind of had a feeling because everything felt a bit too polished for an interim build. Great news and will save us both a little bandwidth ;) Looking forward to that email with the upgrade info!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg AndonianRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 7:07:26 pm

David Lawrence "I'm using version 6.0.0 (319 (MC:264587))"

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the build number for Premiere Pro has an MC in it? :)

(Was that inspired by the new trim tools? ;) )

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve ConnorRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 5:47:39 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "While I expect the fattest data pipe in the world to be a bit slow for the next few days as people download CS6 and try it out, I wanted to post the link here for you to have in case you do want to give it a try.
"

I assume that's why the Creative Cloud launch is later, you don't want that pipe to explode!

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig ShieldsRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 7:58:34 pm

Hey Dennis,

Just downloaded the trial. I'm wondering why the Blade tool still doesn't snap to the playhead. I also would think it logical for the playhead to jump to the cutline after a Ripple or Roll. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David McGavranRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 10:27:58 pm

The razor tool does snap, you can test. We agree more feedback is needed.. Both those feature requests have been filed...

Cheers

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David McGavran, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Engineering Manager Adobe Premiere Pro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 10:43:00 pm

[David McGavran] "The razor tool does snap, you can test."

Hi Dave,

I've been trying and I can't get the blade tool to snap. Must be holding it wrong ;)

How do you make it snap to the time indicator?

Thanks!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg AndonianRe: CS6 free trial
by on May 7, 2012 at 11:50:45 pm

David Lawrence "I've been trying and I can't get the blade tool to snap. Must be holding it wrong ;)"

The tool itself doesn't snap to the CTI, but the cut that you make with it will, if the blade line is positioned slightly to the side of it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]