Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

setting clip length in exporting

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul Hanssensetting clip length in exporting
by on May 2, 2012 at 3:02:54 pm

I'm trying to export a clip in FCPX. The length of the exported clip is way to long however. There is a terrible to of black at the end.I don't know how to reset it.

There is also a hatched area in the timeline. It looks like the exported clip is exported until that point in the timeline, where the hatching starts.

I'm exporting an compound clip.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Paul Hanssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lance BachelderRe: setting clip length in exporting
by on May 2, 2012 at 4:56:31 pm

You probably have some slug after your show - press Sift-Z to show entire project and see if you can select the blank area or if there is a stray clip or slug down the timeline? Select it and delete it then press Shift-Z again...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bret WilliamsRe: setting clip length in exporting
by on May 2, 2012 at 10:02:36 pm

Unless of course you've got something connected to that slug. In which case the super intelligent FCP X will delete that for you too, because obviously that was your intention. :) Can of course trim it back.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]