Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

All the DRAMA!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sean ThomasAll the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 12:35:06 am

It's amazing to read all of the DRAMA about FCP X. There's a lot of irony when people complain for years about a FCP upgrade and then they get it ...... they complain.

A lot of the commplaints or rumors are not true and Apple has corrected them in a recent statement. Apple also clarified that many of the missing features are in the works and will be out soon.

So again, irony - Apple hurry's up the release to keep people from complaining about a new update - they release X v.1 without all features and people just keep on complaining.

It's like OS 9 to OS X - remember ALL OF THE COMPLAINING - where are the complainers now! Apple has always made BIG decisions that move FORWARD - not stay in the same "compatible" spot.

In a few years we'll all laugh at this and we will all be amazed and what FCP X v.2 does.

What's funny is you know Avid and Adobe are already trying to copy the cool stuff from FCP X!

For me I will simply have 2 boot drives in my Mac - one for FCP7 and one for X.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg BurkeRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 12:53:30 am

[Sean Thomas] "here's a lot of irony when people complain for years about a FCP upgrade and then they get it ...... they complain.
"

Yes we wanted a FCP upgrade not a iMovie upgrade with the Final cut name slapped on

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean ThomasRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:13:45 am

Remeber FCP 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Was the first version lacking compared to 2-7? Do you think that X won't be improved and expanded?

This is a new program just like OS X was to OS 9. Apple is moving forward with technologies it has developed over the past 2-3 years. Obviously the OLD FCP code would not allow "moving forward".

Maybe it's a paradigm shift. Many older editors who think "this is the way its done, it's always been this way" will resist change and moving forward.

Yes, it fun to complain. But it's better to move forward.

BTW - when did FCP 7 stop working? Is there an expiration date on it?

You guys are going to HATE OS X 10.7 - it should really be called iOS Pro! :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg BurkeRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:20:07 am

I dont mind thats is iMovie X, but its a 64 bit iMovie, thats what it is, and if you can't see that you are blind.

BUT that doesnt make it a Bad program, I have nothing against iMovie in general whatever gets your job done IM all for it it doesn't matter what you cut on. What Myself and others ARE raging and complaining about is that APPLE DROPPED FCS in place for iMovie X. Thats what were upset about.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:49:09 am

Sean, irony would be asking for exactly what FCP X is and then complaining. "Irony" is not asking for an upgrade then complaining when something else is offered.

I take your point that future developments might address what is missing. However, Apple has publicly stated what won't be returning to the suite and there is ample justification to complain about EOL software like Color. No hint of irony in that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

David Roth WeissRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:00:01 am

[Michael Gissing] "Sean, irony would be asking for exactly what FCP X is and then complaining. "Irony" is not asking for an upgrade then complaining when something else is offered."

Now that's a great retort. Accurate, ironic in its own right, and to the point.

Touche' Michael!!!

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:04:38 am

I'm just poking at the complainers because I think we will look back on this and see that it all overreacting to a shift in the way we edit.

- When the light bulb was invented - bet the candle people complained.
- When the car was invented - all the buggy people complained.
- When computer based NLE's were invented - all the cuts only tape based guys complained.
- When FCP X was invented - everyone who couldn't change or see the future of editing complained.

So Apple, one of if not the leaders in computers and software got it wrong and the complainers are right? I don't think so, doesn't seem logical.

I would just say - if you're not ready for FCP X - don't get it. Just keep using v7. And if you switch you'll probably be back soon.

It's funny - Pro Editors want only what they can concieve of. Apple gives them what they can't imagine and they resist.

APPLE: "We’ve highlighted 50 of the top pro features that allow editors to work faster and with more flexibility than ever before. http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/pro-features/ "

I would say there are 50-100 new good things and 10-15 things that are not there yet.

I'll admit, I love Apple and will follow.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Robert BrownRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:49:39 am

The theory that Apple is just way ahead of the curve and we're too dumb to realize it just wreaks of the same arrogance of the whole "X" release. Guys who do this for a living should be telling Apple what to do, not the other way around. If you have what you think is a great idea, add it as a feature and see how it goes. Don't mandate it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:49:33 am

So what is your 2 year / 5 year / 10 year plan for OS X, FCP X, hardware, etc.?

My point is that we don't have a clue - yet we complain.

Apple makes the program, the OS, the hardware. Editors can't even come close to comprehending
the development path - yet they want to dictate development.

Arrogance?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael AranyshevRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:55:35 am

We have a perfect clue. It's right there in FCPX. All the design choices they made serve single purpose — prevent a casual user from making flash frames and single-frame gaps in their edit. That's why the whole thing is in permanent ripple mode. That's why there are two half-baked "Overwrites" and half a dozen of "Replaces" in the thing. That's why a guy who edits full-time finds FCPX pathetic.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 4:50:11 pm

[Sean Thomas] "So what is your 2 year / 5 year / 10 year plan for OS X, FCP X, hardware, etc.?"

In 10 years you're still going to need this track to channel 1, this one to 2, a little more or less time before the music starts, a little more contrast in that shot, blah, blah blah.

And BTW I'm not complaining. I'm glad all of this is happening.

[Sean Thomas] "Apple makes the program, the OS, the hardware. Editors can't even come close to comprehending the development path - yet they want to dictate development."

Oh we're that dumb are we? And no not dictate, maybe steer? There's no way I'm ever going to look at a company like Apple as a sort of supreme being. They make products for people, if people like them they buy them, if not they don't.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris KennyRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:10:09 pm

[Robert Brown] "The theory that Apple is just way ahead of the curve and we're too dumb to realize it just wreaks of the same arrogance of the whole "X" release."

It would, if this didn't happen with virtually every major Apple product announcement.

Seriously. The original Mac, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad (among others) all faced very similar initial reactions in some circles. "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse'. There is no evidence that people want to use these things," etc.

Oh, sure, this time it's different, right? Maybe. But given Apple's track record, that's not the way to bet.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:05:47 pm

[Chris Kenny] "Seriously. The original Mac, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad (among others) all faced very similar initial reactions in some circles. "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse'. There is no evidence that people want to use these things," etc.

Oh, sure, this time it's different, right? Maybe. But given Apple's track record, that's not the way to bet.
"

You just listed a bunch of toys for consumers which I admittedly own myself but could live without - except for the mouse that was a good one.

But what is Apple's "track record" with pro products? They don't invent them they buy them from somebody else, play with them a few years and then KILL them, or in this case mutate it into a consumer product.

I have faith in Apple to keep making and selling toys, and to keep the stock price up. I'll look to other companies for professional products.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:36:48 pm

[Robert Brown] "You just listed a bunch of toys for consumers which I admittedly own myself but could live without - except for the mouse that was a good one.

But what is Apple's "track record" with pro products? They don't invent them they buy them from somebody else, play with them a few years and then KILL them, or in this case mutate it into a consumer product. "

The Mac is widely used by creative pros, and iOS devices are starting to see widespread enterprise adoption.

In any event, you're missing my point, which has nothing to do with the "pro" vs. "consumer" market segments. It is, instead, about how plausible it is that a new Apple product is merely misunderstood, rather than being a failure. And this is, in fact, quite plausible, given Apple's track record of introducing products are are initially misunderstood, but go on to significant later success.

--

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:44:24 pm

In any event, you're missing my point, which has nothing to do with the "pro" vs. "consumer" market segments. It is, instead, about how plausible it is that a new Apple product is merely misunderstood, rather than being a failure. And this is, in fact, quite plausible, given Apple's track record of introducing products are are initially misunderstood, but go on to significant later success.

--"

I have made no statement about "X" being a failure or not. I haven't tried it. But I use 2 monitors, edl export, I assign tracks to specific channels etc., and from what I've heard you can't do that in "X". And from what I have actually seen in FCP, and it's various releases, Apple does not understand pro video and simply doesn't want to play that game anymore if they ever did. And they are not in a position to reinvent it. There are still fields to deal with, and 3:2 pulldowns etc. whether they find them interesting or nor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:39:01 pm

[Robert Brown] "You just listed a bunch of toys for consumers which I admittedly own myself but could live without - except for the mouse that was a good one."

Thank Xerox for the mouse. That's where Apple got it from.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary HazenRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:05:54 pm

[Sean Thomas] "So Apple, one of if not the leaders in computers and software got it wrong and the complainers are right? I don't think so, doesn't seem logical."

For giggles let's use the tired automotive analogy with your statement.

So Ford, one of the leaders in the automotive industry got it wrong with the Edsel and the complainers are right? I don't think so, doesn't seem logical.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:05:35 pm

Close...

Ford never improved the Edsel and droped it.

You think for a second that Apple is going to do that?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:41:56 pm

[Sean Thomas] "Ford never improved the Edsel and droped it.

You think for a second that Apple is going to do that?"

Well there you go...they didn't drop the industry-standard compositing application, "Shake"...or the very powerful professional color correction application "Final Touch"...

...oh wait. Actually they did.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 16, 2011 at 10:46:53 pm

So you are saying that Apple, who has spent a ton of time and money redeveloping from the ground up, is going to drop it because some "PRO's are whining"? (as Jobs would put it)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian LangemanRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 16, 2011 at 10:56:29 pm

Quick question. Do you actually think that letter was from Jobs? Haha!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 16, 2011 at 11:53:50 pm

Are you treating that letter like it's real?

Check out the blog..."scoopertino"...it's uh...the "Onion" of Apple information.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Reed BlackRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 16, 2011 at 5:41:57 am

"It's funny - Pro Editors want only what they can concieve of. Apple gives them what they can't imagine and they resist."

Exactly!!! And I also agree about it having 50-100 new features and about 10-15 or so missing. Bottom line this is a very cool program. It ain't ready just yet but when it is, I'm betting that all who complained and bounced will be right back.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:37:12 am

[Sean Thomas] "Remeber FCP 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Was the first version lacking compared to 2-7? Do you think that X won't be improved and expanded?

This is a new program just like OS X was to OS 9. Apple is moving forward with technologies it has developed over the past 2-3 years. Obviously the OLD FCP code would not allow "moving forward"."

Apple to me has proven that they just don't have the right mindset for the broadcast TV and feature film world. Their into whatever their into at the moment and when they lose interest they lose interest. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dumb down X instead of make it more advanced. Right now it seems somewhere between pro and prosumer. They're going to have to go one way or the other.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter SoykaRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 2:35:07 pm

[Sean Thomas] "This is a new program just like OS X was to OS 9. Apple is moving forward with technologies it has developed over the past 2-3 years. Obviously the OLD FCP code would not allow "moving forward". Maybe it's a paradigm shift. Many older editors who think "this is the way its done, it's always been this way" will resist change and moving forward."

FCPX is an island. You can't bring in projects from other systems and you can't get them out to other systems.

There's a lot of post-production infrastructure outside of FCP that many pros have been relying on for years. For me to use FCPX, it must interchange with other apps, or it must do everything itself. Since it does neither, I can neither use it my workflow nor replace my workflow with it.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:00:00 am

[Sean Thomas] "What's funny is you know Avid and Adobe are already trying to copy the cool stuff from FCP X"

example?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

David CherniackRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:47:31 am

[Sean Thomas] "What's funny is you know Avid and Adobe are already trying to copy the cool stuff from FCP X!"

Yes, it's hilarious...that you think so :)

On a more serious note, I'm sure there are ideas in X that are worthwhile that both Adobe and Avid are examining. The magnetic timeline, the single panel interface, are probably not them.

But I don't think there's anything in X that Adobe is actually envious of. In fact, short of 64 bits, the Mercury Playback Engine, and CUDA, X may be the best thing that's ever happened to Premiere Pro. It's bringing in a wave of professional users that are accustomed to the efficiencies in FCP 7's interface who will demand PrPro take the steps to measure up.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 2:24:44 am

Oh - no one copies any one?

I made this somewhat generic statement based on the fact that Apple is a leader
and most others follow.

Ever heard of Windows??? :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael HancockRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 2:33:16 am

Sigh. Ask a Vegas user what they think about FCPX. They'll probably ask you why it took Apple so long to catch up.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Shawn MillerRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:44:21 am

"I made this somewhat generic statement based on the fact that Apple is a leader and most others follow."

I guess it depends on how you define the term "leader"...

"Ever heard of Windows??? :-)"

Yes, you're probably using it now...

Shawn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:48:09 am

Ooops - wrong. Never owned a Windoze computer in my life and never will.

Been with Apple since SE30 and gone through about 15 models since then.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris HarlanRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:00:37 am

Well, that explains your thirst for koolaide.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:12:31 pm

Koolaide?

I don't have time to get mad at Apple, change computers, change OS, change NLE, change every program that I've ever bought.

I stick with what I know, what works, what makes me my living.

Along the way there were TRANSITIONS: Motorola-PPC, OS 9-OS X, PPC-Intel, FCP 7-FCP X.

It's simply a part of moving forward with technology.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris HarlanRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:03:34 pm

Sorry. I ment Apple Juice. (Smiley Emoticon goes here)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn MillerRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:15:37 pm

"Ooops - wrong..."

Unless you never use the Internet, point of sales systems, ATMs or mobile devices of any kind, you can't get away from Windows, or Linux, or Unix for that matter...

"Never owned a Windoze computer in my life and never will."

Maybe not, but you sure do depend on them. You iLifeStyle would be impossible without Microsoft.

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Gary PollardRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:21:19 am

A fair bit of that "cool stuff" has already been copied from Vegas, a fact which considerably amuses folks over on the Vegas forum.

Still, it makes sense to add good interface ideas wherever they come from.

____

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:29:50 am

Exactly.

I think it's funny that others hate FCP X so much that they can't fathom anyone ever looking at a function and going - " wow that's cool - let do something similar in ...Premier....Avid...."

That's was my point.

Oh - and PLEASE have the Admins change the name of this forum to Apple iMovie Pro. They obviously made a typo! Let me know when that happens.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:45:15 am

The funny thing about "copying" comments is that there is a big long history to all of these companies with a small number of players moving from company to company. How could they not copy when the guy who developed Premiere then moved to Apple to work on FCP. It's a small pond really.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:46:01 am

Exactly. That's why I made the statement - it seems logical and that's how biz works.

What is not logicaly is thinking that companies don't copy.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julian BowmanRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:29:00 am

Wow, the foundations of Sean's stance/argument are even less stable than Chris'

This also amused:

Sean post 1: It's amazing to read all of the DRAMA about FCP X. There's a lot of irony when people complain for years about a FCP upgrade and then they get it ...... they complain.

Sean post 2: Remeber FCP 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Was the first version lacking compared to 2-7? Do you think that X won't be improved and expanded?

This is a new program just like OS X was to OS 9.

So sweetie, first we're melodramatic for asking for an upgrade then complaining when it comes, but then we're melodramatic because we're complaining about what is lacking in a version 1 bit of software... where this version 1 bit of software is the upgrade we've been waiting 3 or 4 years for that you initially said we'd been asking for then complained when it came.

Do you see the flaw there?

Is it an upgrade or is it a version 1? And when you decide do you want to edit your original post. Go on, you can, we won't tell the other kids in your class.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:15:38 pm

You can parse words/ideas. It really doesn't matter if you want to call it an upgrade or a new program. Maybe it's both.

It is what it is - sweetie.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jurriaan van der kampRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 12:20:23 pm

i understand its a first version. you might say that apple has some experience as it comes to developing editing software.
But if you launch a first version that makes a simple audio cross in about seven steps you make one thing painfully clear.Jou abandon the profesional users! You cant tell me apple doesn't know that.They know what a pro editor needsby now.If basic editing is a problem how can jou call this Imovie pro a stepp forward. It is a leap back for profesionals. We don't care about a macnatic timeline we care about switching it off.When you have to switch a lot of "cool"stuff off it takes a lot of keystrokes and a lot of time.Time you don't have.
Not for a hobbyist they love it! They love to be helped but if you want to create something you heve to have freedom not a macnatic timeline that ordens stuff for you! Totally Pathetic!
"Everything just changed in post" pro's will leave Apple.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 1:17:31 pm

[jurriaan van der kamp] "But if you launch a first version that makes a simple audio cross in about seven steps you make one thing painfully clear.Jou abandon the profesional users!"

It's pretty clear that Apple intended for audio crossfades to be performed via the new fade handles, but people want something that saves some clicking vs. that approach. Fine. I expect we'll see such a thing in a future version.

But I have no idea how handling crossfades, by default, via a more complicated method that provides more control, is somehow indicative of FCP X not being a professional app.

People keep making arguments of the form "I don't like XYZ about FCP X, therefore it's not a pro app", where XYZ has no inherent relevance to pro vs. consumer editing.

--

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jurriaan van der kampRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 2:50:11 pm

More controll is good. But i don't see that.What the fader handles can do i could do already in fcp7! Only now they help you with it.
The fact that i can't just make a quick audio only cross without detaching video from audio and making secundary storylines and all that crap (about 7 comands!!)indicates to me that the app is disighned to help peope that find fcp complicated.This app is overclearly disighned for people who don't need freedom and simple controll over all story components.For the demanding pro fcp x is more difficult and i find that stunning.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:22:13 pm

[Robert Brown] "How could they not copy when the guy who developed Premiere then moved to Apple to work on FCP. It's a small pond really."

If you want to see Ubillos' handiwork on an Adobe product, you'll have to go back...waaaay back. Premiere 3 or 4 (before Pro) was the very last version he would have touched...way before it would have been even somewhat considered a Pro editing application. That would be 11 major releases back for those of you counting.

...and the ground-up code overhaul the application got when it added the "pro" to the name (I know...not very original...I think that's the feature that Adobe stole from FCP)was 6 major releases ago.

I think Premiere Pro users are probably ecstatic he moved to another opportunity when he did, standing where we are today...

He makes an absolutely amazing consumer app though...and I say that without a shred of sarcasm.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steven GonzalesRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:04:53 pm

OS9 to OSX included the "classic mode" to keep compatibility during the transition. I don't believe this analogy is appropriate.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:41:52 pm

Most complainers own FCP 7 to help throught the transition to FCP X.x

I think this analogy is appropriate.

FCP 7 didn't stop working when FCP X was released.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jamie FranklinRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:13:37 pm

[Sean Thomas] "
FCP 7 didn't stop working when FCP X was released."

Wow...never heard this before...how insightful! Just the right dose of patronizing bs to set me straight and see the light

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Steven GonzalesRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:53:53 pm

Not to nitpic, but OS9 shipped with OSX early releases, and ran in the classic environment.

FCP7 is not shipping, and is not available to a new purchases with legacy needs.

OSX allowed for OS9 workflows.

FCP X does not allow for FXP 7 workflows.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:30:52 pm

[Steven Gonzales] "Not to nitpic, but OS9 shipped with OSX early releases, and ran in the classic environment."

As I seem to recall...you needed OS9 to run FCP at that time...

:-)

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:50:48 pm

Sorry for all my drama guys. I didn't realize that what I was thinking had already been said:

Steve Jobs: Stop Whining!
http://scoopertino.com/steve-jobs-to-video-pros-stop-whining/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julian BowmanRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:24:26 pm

You can parse words/ideas. It really doesn't matter if you want to call it an upgrade or a new program. Maybe it's both.

It is what it is - sweetie.

You must be an eleven year old or something if you truly missed my point.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:41:36 pm

I don't think I missed your point. The sweetie thing was a bit weird though.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:52:47 pm

The only thing weird in your thread is you complain about the "DRAMA!!" so you have obviously been following the reaction to this rollout but in your diatribe conflating the DRAMA!!!! to the "haters and complainers" you didn't say anything original. Not one word. And nothing was said in earnest. This was not a good faith argument.

So to sum, it is weird, when you have accomplished nothing here, trying to incite reactions by your arrogance, most of which, all of us have had the displeasure to read repeatedly every day in the first week and have already thoughtfully responded to...so how could you not know that your revolutionary parroted arrogance or ignorance would do nothing but illicit eye-rolling...

What are you? 12?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Paul EscamillaRe: All the DRAMA!
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:05:16 pm

I think its pretty safe to say that the only people happy with FCPX are people who don't do complicated professional editing. You can call us "whiners", and we'll call you "amateurs". How's that for drama?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:19:03 pm

Jamie Franklin:
The only thing weird in your thread is you complain about the "DRAMA!!" so you have obviously been following the reaction to this rollout but in your diatribe conflating the DRAMA!!!! to the "haters and complainers" you didn't say anything original. Not one word. And nothing was said in earnest. This was not a good faith argument.

Not one thing new? I am one of the few that is trying to say - STOP WHINING. Give it time, don't jump ship, give it a try or wait for X.1. Everyone is jumping on the hate Apple & FCP X bandwagon - I am not.

So to sum, it is weird, when you have accomplished nothing here, trying to incite reactions by your arrogance, most of which, all of us have had the displeasure to read repeatedly every day in the first week and have already thoughtfully responded to...so how could you not know that your revolutionary parroted arrogance or ignorance would do nothing but illicit eye-rolling...

Maybe I have not accomplished anything but my intention of trying to stop all the whining is not arrogance.

What are you? 12?
What's with the age insults? Sounds like something a 12 year old would say. LOL OMG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:39:41 pm

[Sean Thomas] "Not one thing new? I am one of the few that is trying to say - STOP WHINING. Give it time, don't jump ship, give it a try or wait for X.1. Everyone is jumping on the hate Apple & FCP X bandwagon - I am not."

You think that's new? You posted a bogus tasteless kool-aid letter from Jobs that was made well over a week ago saying the exact same thing. Look up the word - redundant. Don't be surprised if your picture is there...

[Sean Thomas] "Maybe I have not accomplished anything but my intention of trying to stop all the whining is not arrogance."

Was that all it was. Oh, I guess all the pejoratives and name calling were intended to engage people in the hopes they might bow to your revolutionary and thought-provoking enlightenment...? The irony is rich. Usually whining is accompanied with name calling. I wonder, will you ever comprehend the purest of irony from your, yes, written like a 12 year old wrote it, diatribe...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]