Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Looking for quick and easy Zip and archive software

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tim ArmourLooking for quick and easy Zip and archive software
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:59:51 pm

I am looking for a temporary solution for our smaller offices while I am solving the overall issue.
Our smaller offices were given an LG N2B1 unit with a 1 TB drive and a Blue Ray burner.
Admittedly not the best, but I have to make it work... for now....

What I want is a simple zip utility that will zip a particular folder in such a way that when the operator goes to restore it, it automatically is restored back to the original destination without input from the operator.
I don't want to have the operator to remember that the content is supposed to be restored to V:ProdClientSmithToyota. I just want it to go there with out questions.

I have looked at the usual solutions like WinZip and WinRar. They have all kinds of features but not that one. Or maybe I missed it.

My real solution will involve a nearline array and an LTO archive of some sort. getting close on that but that involves capital money, so its a ways off.
Thanks for any suggestions

Tim

Cox Creative Studios

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]