Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

5D Mark II and Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Marcos Antonio5D Mark II and Final Cut Pro X
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 7:54:03 pm

Guys, be softly with me. Though I'm not a completely newbie on camcorders and Final Cut, I'm not a professional as well. And I have a problem that I could not solve so far, despite my googlean herculean search. I have an iMac 27 which, as you know has a card slot incompatible with 5D Mark II cards so I cannot use it to transfer my movies into the hard drive. To do it I use Mountain Lion's Image Capture ( since Final Cut Pro X does not recognize my camera ). My questions are: 1st Is there any lost of quality in this transference process? Is there any third software I could use to solve this problem? 2nd What is the best Final Cut set up to use with my camera files?. Guys thanks for the patience ( My Brazilian English is, as you can see, a disaster but I could not find a help elsewhere...).

Marcos

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Axel ArzolaRe: 5D Mark II and Final Cut Pro X
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:51:23 pm

I think the easiest thing you could do is just get a CF card reader and transfer your files that way.
If your FCP X has the "copy files to Final Cut Pro events folder" then you just put your CF in the card reader, and drag and drop the files into the FCP event you want them.

Axel Arzola

http://www.facebook.com/arzolafilm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]