Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Editshare Questions

COW Forums : EditShare

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Geno A. PalazzariEditshare Questions
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 3:48:33 pm

We are an Editshare user, and have been for a couple of years now. We have utilized it for shared storage, but have not leveraged the full suite of products. Now that we are running out of storage space, I figure it's time that we actually utilized the full potential of the system which we paid.

Let me preface this by saying, I have been through the manuals, and I have reached a stopping point. We are using the Sony XDCAM software to log and transfer the files from our EX-3 cameras to the media spaces on the Editshare. We are also using Premiere Pro CS5.

I have been looking at the Flow software and have run into some issues.

1. I can't see any of my files on the Editshare system in Flow Browse on the Media Space tab. Only when I navigate through the local tab.

2. I can't ingest the files in Flow natively. The Sony XDCAM codecs are installed on my system, but Flow won't allow me to ingest them without converting them to something I don't want to use (not AVID or FCP).

3. When I do a scan in Flow Control, it doesn't scan anything.

I know these questions are pretty general and you probably need more information, but I am not sure what that might be, so fire away.

I will have more questions about ARK servers later!

Thank you,

Geno A. Palazzari
PEG Manager/Gillete Public Access
201 E. 5th St
PO Box 3003
Gillette, WY 82717

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris DeversRe: Editshare Questions
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:14:05 pm

[Geno A. Palazzari]
"We are an Editshare user, and have been for a couple of years now. We have utilized it for shared storage, but have not leveraged the full suite of products. Now that we are running out of storage space, I figure it's time that we actually utilized the full potential of the system which we paid."

Have you contacted EditShare tech support about this yet?

I see that you emailed about a password question last week, but none of these other questions were raised.

I also see that the support contract for this server ran out last year.

Please email us &/or give us a call at 617.782.0479 x3 and we can chat about your questions. A few things could explain the behaviors you're seeing, and it may be relatively easy to get things running properly again. If it looks like it will help, we can assist you with getting the server updated to the current version, and we can also go over any other common potential gotchas.

--
Chris Devers
EditShare Tech Support
support ( at ) editshare • com
http://editshare.com
Twitter: @EditShare & @ESLightWorks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter