Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Mbox Mini question.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Fred JodryMbox Mini question.
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:16:58 pm

Has anybody got software recommendations for an Mbox Mini?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter GroomRe: Mbox Mini question.
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 8:58:48 pm

HI
I dont really understand what youre asking. An Mbox / mbox mini etc are Pro tools devices, so that narrows that a chunk?
I dont think they can be used with anything else.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jean-Christophe BoulayRe: Mbox Mini question.
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 4:01:01 pm

The MBox Mini has CoreAudio drivers on the Mac, so should work with any application that can use those, which is most of them. On the Windows side, you need to have the corresponding version of ProTools installed on the system for the drivers to work well with other applications. It should show up as an ASIO or WDM device. ASIO is better, of course. This should apply to the MBox2 Mini (squarish blue) and the newer MBox Mini (rounded dark grey). I don't remember there being a first-gen MBox Mini.

Once the drivers work, it's really up to you what software you use but these boxes are made for PT and should ship with ProTools Express at the minimum or in a bundle with ProTools.

This info is from a contact and I don't have personal experience of it myself, so your mileage may vary.

IHTH,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter GroomRe: Mbox Mini question.
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 8:37:49 am

Hi JC

I installed Pro Tools 10 on my home PC. Just because I wanted to really. No commercial need.

I found the driver ASIO4ALL was needed to make it all work, and it does, but to my dislike I find that while Pro Tools is running no other audio applications (like spotify) can access their audio cards so can play no audio.
Damn annoying.

It was a good way of recording web based audio into my pc internally and digitally.
Older software like Cool edit pro dont suffer this disability so it remains my best solution.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]