Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

monitors

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lisa Finemonitors
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:43:02 am

Hi,
I'm preparing a few animated shorts for the internet and also to submit to a few film festivals.

So far, I edited all the voiceovers using Sony Professional cans and have listened just through the tiny mini speakers that are part of my computer.

I'm *just* getting to doing sound effects and soon will be be adding music and am at the point where I need to hear how everything will sound through professional speakers (at film festivals) and through people's home computers (when they play them on youtube.)

I have a pair of Yamaha NS 10Ms and I figured I'd use those for the the studio monitors but I also want a pair of smaller monitors for contrast (I used to own a pair of aurotones for that purpose but sold them.)

Should I get a really low-end pair for the contrast monitors or go for a mid-level pair? I was considering Cyber Acoustic as well as Creative Inspire T20's. I want to be able to hear how things will sound to the average person as well as make sure everything sounds great and professional at film festivals.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. THanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Hugh Harrell IVRe: monitors
by on May 7, 2012 at 11:31:43 am

I like using cheap speakers like the Behringer MS16. Everything I have tested through them sounds pretty accurate and sound great on various PC systems.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lisa FineRe: monitors
by on May 7, 2012 at 2:25:13 pm

thanks for the reply. I ended up buying Cyber Acoustics 3602's. I actually haven't set them up yet (they just arrived a coupla days ago.) I've been editing using cans. Then plan to run everything through the 10m's first, then the Cyber Acoustics. Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]