Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Missing Audion Files on Zoom H4n

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeffy CanMissing Audion Files on Zoom H4n
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:07:05 pm

Been running into some serious problems with the Zoom H4n recently. In stamina mode, recording with wireless Sennheiser mics into Input 1, audio files turn up missing when I come back from a shoot to transfer. This has happened twice. The first time I recorded 10 separate clips, MONO-000 to MONO-009, but two files in between just weren't there (004 & 008). This happened again on the following shoot, missing 3 out of 11 files.

I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to have this issue. People seem to have corrupt 0kb files seemingly power-related issues, but that's not what's happening with me. The files just are not there at all, looking both through the zoom, and using a card reader on my PC. Doesn't seem to make sense, any clues to what's going on here?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris ConleeRe: Missing Audion Files on Zoom H4n
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:49:14 pm

Yes, as hard as it is to believe, this is a "non-supported" SD card issue. Have you recently put a new card in that machine? There is a detailed list of certified cards on Zoom's site, and believe it or not, it DOES make a difference. I started having the exact same issue as you when I put a new card in my Zoom H4N. When I got a certified card off eBay, the problem went away.

If you Google hard enough, you'll find others with the same problem; I did.

Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Ty FordRe: Missing Audion Files on Zoom H4n
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:47:07 am

Chris,

Thanks so much for stopping by with such helpful information.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy