Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

How do I make a song sound like its blasting out of a huge speaker?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin SilberbergHow do I make a song sound like its blasting out of a huge speaker?
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:35:06 am

Hello,

In the film I am making I have a shot of a man on top of a roof with a very large speaker blasting music to the city. The only problem I have is, how am I going to make the song sound like its doing that? I'm not very skilled with this, I was thinking maybe id have to adjust the reverb or something?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Fred JodryRe: How do I make a song sound like its blasting out of a huge speaker?
by on May 3, 2012 at 3:52:30 pm

Run midi lights on the scene to let the acting fake hearing the sound. In the mixing section use a separate audio track or two to record the effect of the following. Have your audio booth play the voice into a monitor speaker in another room next to a room with a taking microphone or two. The monitor speaker can be inside a huge partly open (= partly closed) cardboard box. Aluminum sheets hung nearby sometimes help the rattling noises. Be sure to add the proper outdoor wind noises. Forget reverb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]