Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

BWAVs/ WAVs Export in Pro Tools 9.0.5

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sarah BrightBWAVs/ WAVs Export in Pro Tools 9.0.5
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 11:56:59 am

Hi guys,
Do you know if there is a way to export/ bounce out tracks as a wav which doesn't play out at real time?

I need to make separate BWAVs as deliverables, (M&E, Stereo Music etc).

If I could get each track out without having to export for a total of 2.5 hours (24minute piece), than that would be awesome.

Sarah

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter GroomRe: BWAVs/ WAVs Export in Pro Tools 9.0.5
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 12:31:02 pm

You can only export complete files from PT without a realtime bounce down.
Try this. select all regions on a timeline that can go into 1 file
consolidate them (edit consolidate) . turns into Makes 1 region on the timeline. (maybe track by track?) If you want to retain the sep files, new track and dup copies into this track.
select this new region in the region list. select shift apple & K (or select "export region as files" from the drop down in the regions tap on right of screen.
Choose export options etc etc from dialog and youre done.

Clear?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SpanoRe: BWAVs/ WAVs Export in Pro Tools 9.0.5
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:14:05 pm

[Sarah Bright] "If I could get each track out without having to export for a total of 2.5 hours (24minute piece), than that would be awesome."

What I've done for my workflow is to create Bounce tracks in my PT session. It's a little more work to set up, but it means you'll only have to do one real-time bounce pass and you'll end up with all your deliverable audio. Here's the basic idea:

Bus all your VO to a mono bus / create aux with this bus as input
Bus all your SOT to a mono bus / create aux with this bus as input
Bus all your SFX to a stereo bus / create aux with this bus as input
Bus all your Music to a stereo bus / create aux with this bus as input
Set all aux outputs to a new stereo (master) bus / create aux with this bus as input / set this aux output to your monitor 1+2

On each new group aux, create sends corresponding to what you need. For example, create an M&E Send, a Music Send, a Mix send, etc. Instantiate these sends on each aux as needed.

Create a new audio track with each of these sends as input, main 1+2 as output, and MUTE all these tracks.

Arm these new "bounce" tracks, set in point and out point, and press record.

This will be a real-time bounce internal to Pro Tools, and will print all your stems in one shot.

When it's done, name the new regions and export selected as WAV files. For deliverables for an hour show for someone like Discovery (who wants Mix, Mix minus VO, M&E, Music, SFX/SOT/BG, mono Dialogue, mono VO), this method saves hours and hours of time.

An added benefit of doing this is if you hear something as it's recording that isn't right, you can stop, make changes, and set a new in point and punch back in without having to start over from the beginning.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]