Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

ProTools; external studio monitor

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brad BussProTools; external studio monitor
by on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:49:00 am

I have a ProTools 7.5.x (I think, soon to be updated to 8.x) setup that's currently on a new Mac Intel quadro-core. The setup is currently in a nice 5.1 studio with good sound insulation that is using a PC monitor as the primary screen, and the second DVI output from the Mac is out to a DLP projector (the color wheel is a 6). Is there a way to set the second display to a false studio monitor, like Final Cut Pro does, or is there a way to utilize the ProTools cards installed to output to an accurately synced image to an external monitor, akin to the way that an AJA or BlackMagick card works in FCP?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for cheap, professional, and reliable DLP projector bulbs. Are bulbs for newer LCD projectors cheaper to replace than DLP projector bulbs?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason GriggRe: ProTools; external studio monitor
by on May 6, 2009 at 10:25:08 pm

You want to mirror what's displayed on both monitors?

If you have a video in Pro Tools that you want to display on a second monitor, Pro Tools will only spit video out Firewire as far as I know.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]