Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Sending Multiple Sequences to Media Encoder and Long Time "preparing data for export"?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Errol LazareSending Multiple Sequences to Media Encoder and Long Time "preparing data for export"?
by on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:37:29 pm

In FCP we were able to select multiple sequences and send them to Compressor and they would be added within 2 seconds.

In Premiere, I am trying to send 6x2hr sequences to media encoder and I can only add one at the time. What makes things worse is that it takes 10-minutes to send each sequence while I wait for the "preparing data for export" message. So that is a total of 1hr to send all sequences before I can hit Render and walk-away.

To me this seems very inefficient. Is this normal? And is it possible to send multiple sequences at once?

I guess the thing I am most disappointed about here is the time it takes for premiere and encoder to communicate with each other. Even something like changing the bitrate on a clip that is sitting in media encoder takes 2-3 minutes just for dynamic link to connect back to the clip export settings tab.

Any ideas to streamline this or make things a bit more efficient? Or is this something that I need to live with using adobe software.

My machine is a 8-Core mac pro 2.4 with 32 gigs of ram and I am running a 4 disk Raid 5 using Esata to connect to my mac.

Errol X. Lazare
EXL Films
http://www.exlfilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul NeumannRe: Sending Multiple Sequences to Media Encoder and Long Time "preparing data for export"?
by on Jul 18, 2013 at 11:19:40 pm

Please clarify what you mean by "sending" them to Media Encoder. From Premiere? Are all the sequences in the same project?

First thing I would do is build preset(s) you plan to use inside Media Encoder. Then I'd use File/Add Premiere Pro Sequence from inside Media Encoder. Navigate to your project and you'll be presented with all the sequences from that project. Select however many you want and then drag your preset onto each instance. Set the destination and away you go.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Errol LazareRe: Sending Multiple Sequences to Media Encoder and Long Time "preparing data for export"?
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 6:31:41 pm

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your input. By sending, I mean exporting to media encoder from Premiere pro. I will try your idea for adding multiple sequences by importing the project file into AME.

Thanks,
Errol

Errol X. Lazare
EXL Films
http://www.exlfilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul WhishawRe: Sending Multiple Sequences to Media Encoder and Long Time "preparing data for export"?
by on Aug 4, 2013 at 10:58:25 pm

I'm having similar issues. I however drag a series of sequences from Premiere directly into the Encoder interface. In CS6 the sequences would load like wildfire. Now each sequences can take up to a minute or more to load over.

I've also been seeing a "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server" message pop up now and I've never seen that before.

Paul Whishaw
PDVpro.com
"If it moves, We'll Shoot it"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]