Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
cassandra rodgersPremiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 1:51:43 pm

Last night project working fine, Premiere Pro CS6 running on a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard. This morning I keep getting this error message

/Volumes/BuildDish/builds/slightlybuilt/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../../Src/Timecode.cpp-1014

It completely freezes up Premiere and I have to force quit it. I can't click on anything, just spinning beach ball of death. I saw some other posts about errors where they could just copy and paste into a new sequence but I can't do anything at all. I tried copying the project to another hard drive, not working. No other projects have this issue, only the one. I also tired entering something into the terminal (as suggested by other error messages) and no help. Anyone?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kris MerkelRe: Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:13:34 pm

You can try to look at this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4374129

Possibly a timecode issue. Can you open any other project without getting the error? if so you can be sure that it is project or source related. If not then I would look at the application, however i don't think that the app is the problem

"Think of everything in terms of building capacity."

Kris Merkel
twitter: @kris_merkel
Product Manager, Flanders Scientific Inc.
http://www.shopfsi.com
Co-Founder, Atlanta Cutters Post Production User Group
http://www.atlantacutters.com

2.2Ghz MBP core i7
16Gb RAM
CS6/FCP7
AJA T-Tap
AJA IO XT
FSI LM-2461W/CM-170W

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cassandra rodgersRe: Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:40:21 pm

I opened another projects just fine, and I tired this same project on another system with the same error, so it's obviously something with the file....just no idea what yet!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:06:26 pm

well problem somewhat solved, an autosave from Friday opened up just fine. Only lost about an hour worth of work on the project so I guess that's good?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim KolbRe: Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:20:36 pm

Did you add a clip to the project yesterday?

Chances are that some specific media file has a timecode error (you can see the "timecode" in the message), but if you've been working on the project for some time, chances are that the file was imported yesterday, or was put on a timeline yesterday...

If you can identify that clip, try to move it from it's current spot and relaunch the project and allow that clip to be "missing"...if the project works, then you have your culprit.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:41:50 pm

I think I did add some psd files to the project yesterday, but nothing new video wise. I moved all the footage to a different folder so none of it would be linked, and I still got the error. So I find that somewhat confusing. I have a few nested sequences and I've seen that those can be problems. Could that be the issue?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom DaigonRe: Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:40:12 pm

Have you tried importing that project into a brand new project?

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael HendrixRe: Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:13:04 pm

Also check you PSD files. Could be one is saved as CMYK. I have never tried to import a CMYK graphic in PPro but I know After Effects doesn't like them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]