Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro tome remap - Does it use all those frames at 100fps?!?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lawrence BowdenPremiere pro tome remap - Does it use all those frames at 100fps?!?
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 8:29:23 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick one. I'm having a great old time shooting 100fps @ 720 on my gopro hero 3.

For my edit I want to ramp the bejesus out of it with time remap. Previously in FCP i would have gone to prores and then used cinema tools to conform from 100 to 25, all slow and sexy.

Now my question.....

In premiere CS6 if I put the original .mp4 from the gopro at 100fps on to a 25p / 720 sequence it plays at full speed. Good, this we like.

When I use the time remap to ramp a bit of the clip down to 25% is it using all the availablen (100) frames? Does this make sense. E.g its not like slowing a clip in FCP down to a juddery mess. In premiere if I time remap it to 25% then that potion slowed down is the same as if I had done my old workflow in cinema tools?

I hope this makes sense. Basically does premiere when time remaped give me reel 100 fps slow mo.

PHEW - THANKS!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: Premiere pro tome remap - Does it use all those frames at 100fps?!?
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:53:47 pm

No, it doesn't "smart interpret" and use all 100fps.

If you drop a 100fps file into a 25fps timeline, Premiere will conform the video and, depending on your settings, either drop or blend frames to maintain audio sync.

I would, in the bin, right click and interpret the footage as 25fps. This makes it play in slo-mo (makes sense). I would then time remap to speed it up to real time; 400%. Then when I want to ramp into slo-mo I would just drop the time remapping to 100%.

It seems like a slightly backwards way of thinking about it, but it's not difficult to work like that.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ann BensRe: Premiere pro tome remap - Does it use all those frames at 100fps?!?
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:34:02 pm

Drop the clip into the New Item icon.
Internally it will be treated as 120 fps according to Steve Hoeg.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]