Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Marker info disappears!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel Neutzsky-WulffMarker info disappears!
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 3:12:46 pm

Here is how you reproduce my problem:

If you enter the Metalogging workspace:

Windows -> Workspace -> Metalogging

I am scrubbing through a clip I loaded in the source viewer.

When I make a marker in the clip, you have the option of writing a description of the content of the clip to the right of the source viewer window.

When I enter a description and go on to the next clip to further add descriptions and return, the markers are still there, but the descriptions are gone!

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a bug in the program?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
-------

Ive tried re-installing Premiere Pro CS6 with everything updated, but there is still the same problem.

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Updated drivers)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel Neutzsky-WulffRe: Marker info disappears!
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 5:13:18 pm

I found an old post regarding this issue. It seems that you can't put markers on merged clips, or at least, the marker info dissapears when you close an re-open the clip.

Furthermore you can't export XML's of merged clips?

- I can't colorgrade the project in a seperate piece of software?

Is Adobe on crack?

I mean, I have around 30 different interviews and NO WAY of keeping track of anything anybody says!

I am working completely blind and have to scrub through clips over and over again to find something I want...

How is this even possible that this error hasn't been corrected???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: Marker info disappears!
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 7:54:53 am

Lets say you have:

Vid1.mov
Audio1.mov

and you merge them and end up with an automatically named
Vid1.mov - merged

What you may not have noticed is that if you add a marker to the original clip in the bin (Vid1.mov in this example) is that you have access to read those markers and title/comments in the merged clip. This is assuming you have some kind of scratch audio on your original video which would allow you to log in this manner. Annoying but hardly a showstopper, and shouldn't really increase your workload or tun-around time.

Concerning XML and merged clips, I think CS6 fixes some issues. I was able to take an XML from Premiere with merged clips and relink it in Final Cut Pro 7 and everything relinked fine. Even right clicking the audio portion of clip in the timeline and selecting "reveal in finder" finds the proper audio source file. They're treated like nested timelines in the bin, but seem to be master clips in the timeline... weird translation but it works.

The one huge speedbump that still remains, if I recall correctly, is how Premiere handles multi-cam exports.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel Neutzsky-WulffRe: Marker info disappears!
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 12:15:49 pm

It is really quite a big setback when you're editing a documentary. Being able to organize material and tag clips and add descriptions is an absolute must. So yes, this is a major setback for my process.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]